Home

Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #57
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 12 First-Look Preview

Yeah the presentation of NCAA 11 was pretty basic imo.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #58
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

yeah all i want is good presentation. The show and nba 2k are good examples of good presentation without using a tv network. After thinking about madden doesn't need a full blow half time show. Yeah it was great for 2k5, but that was at that time. Now as another example nba 2k does a really good with presentation of halftime using a few highlights and some talk about relative information.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #59
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

If Madden could get on par with NBA 2k's presentation, I don't think anyone would be dis-satisfied.

Ok, people still will be, but NBA 2k's presentation is one of the best going right now.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
If Madden could get on par with NBA 2k's presentation, I don't think anyone would be dis-satisfied.

Ok, people still will be, but NBA 2k's presentation is one of the best going right now.
Elite Presentation keeps games fresh. Without it gets very boring and eventually gets muted.
Madden and NCAA just had play now presentation and commentary. Only good for exhibition games. Neither one was good for Dynasty/Franchise.
I really want to hear about Commentary. IT is not a gamebreaker for me, But is a big deal
Old 04-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #61
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

This a good write up Chase. Overall I ain't to mad that they took out the halftime show and extra point show. Both shows needed a a major overhaul anyway. From what I'm seeing right now their main focus was more for ingame presentation this year. So hopefully for madden 13 they will add pregame,halftime, post game, and a good extra point shows next year that is much better. But overall this year presentation sounds good so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

Along with commentary, I would also like to hear about CROWD noise and reaction. The crowd in Madden is so monotonous and boring it makes it almost painful to play the game. I am hoping the put a HUGE emphasis on crowd noise this year. I would also like them to add dynamic crowd noise as well so the crowd reacts to real time situations going on the field.

Almost every other sports game out now does a very good job with realistic crowd noise. Time for Madden/NCAA to step up in a big way in that department this year..
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 PM   #63
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedEaglesGreen
Chase were there any improvements to the end of game recap?
I still have not made it to the end of a game, but if they didn't try to point it out then my educated guess would be to say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Chase, next time you play please pay attention to the "stadium atmosphere." What I mean by this is are the crowds finally dynamic? Are there ebs and swells in the crowd that sound like a real NFL stadium? Do they react to appropriate situations on the field?

I personally feel one of the bigger dissapointments as far as presentation goes in recent Madden's has been the crowd noise. It almost puts you to sleep with the same repetitive crowd sound cycling over and over....
As I have said before, sound is tough to gauge at these events. I will focus on this perhaps at E3, but for now I just don't have much to say on this front. I agree that this aspect is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle85
I know you said you werent covering game play but can you just give us a thumbs up or thumbs down at least?......the anticipation is killing me!
What would be the fun of that? Gameplay preview early next week, though I can't say if I'll really be too high or low about gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliezfinest
Great write up chase. I'm really lookin 4ward to finding out more info bout da game. But I do have a question I don't know if u seen any footage of a game played n snow or rain but can u find out if u did not realize yet if the different type of weather will effect how da game is played in those conditions
Not sure how it affects the gameplay yet, but the snow looks really good, and the rain and snow both will affect the game visually quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy
Chase I know you can't release all info because of EA's restrictions. Can you give a yes or no if online franchise has been touched at all? I've seen plenty of mention about 100+ additions to offline franchise mode. I just want to know if online franchise got any love whatsoever.
From what I've gathered, some time was spent on it. Not sure what improvements are being made yet or anything, but yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I understand and I'm all for improved presentation, I'm just saying it will take more than new camera angles for cut scenes to keep the game fresh. I'm also wondering if all this new presentation stuff will be available in online games ?
I agree with this sentiment. And I would say their cuts are still not perfectly refined yet. They pointed out a couple broken cameras, and then other times the camera would not focus on the right players after a play etc. -- this is what bug fixing and so forth are for right now. I would assume these presentation elements are available online because it's not like the replays during a game or the halftime highlights in 2K11, which probably take up a lot more memory/bandwith and thus are not available online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
Chase do you think that the presentation upgrades made to madden 12 will finally put the LAST GEN football game comparisons to rest?

Secondly is it on par with nba 2k11 and mlb11 the show?
I think it is up to you guys to decide when you want to stop talking about last-gen games.

I think it would be really hard for Madden to catch those franchises in one year in the presentation department. I also think football games are at a disadvantage in this area because there are a lot more players on the field, and the pace of play is not really conducive to certain presentation elements that video game football can really highlight and keep fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I can understand and appreciate this, NBA2k did the same thing basically and succeeded with it. But it begs the question, if the goal is to create a Madden broadcast as opposed to an ESPN one...why buy an ESPN license? Just a shame that they own the license and refuse to use it. Even the commentary is done by people who aren't affiliated with ESPN.
I think this is a valid point, but I would also say it's not like they don't use it. They do integrate it into the game via real-life scores and ESPN Radio updates and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I agree. We don't want EA presentation! We want CBS/ESPN presentation. If EA's presentation ideas were so good, don't you think we would already be seeing them on Sundays. IMO, it is pretty arrogant to think a bunch of software engineers can come up with "better" presentation ideas then the people who do it for a living.
Finn, I'm going to let your lack of reading comprehension slide this time because of the All-Pro 2K8 editor you just put out.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #64
Rookie

chen_sc's Arena

OVR: 4

ticker with scores from other games during your game is in? did they improve the madden11 broadcast camera? is the field degradated during games and are there any snow/rain effects?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »