Home

How excited are you for Madden 12?

This is a discussion on How excited are you for Madden 12? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How excited are you for Madden 12?
Very Excited - it's a first day buy 63 40.65%
Cautiously Optimistic - I'm interested, but I still need to see more 66 42.58%
Not Excited - none of the info today raises my excitement level for the game 19 12.26%
Uninterested - I don't like Madden 7 4.52%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #41
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How excited are you for Madden 12?

I played a ton of 11 (even more than 10) and after watching the videos yesterday, a lot seems improved. Also, I am excited for the franchise info coming out soon...That will ultimately seal my excitement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #42
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm in a wait and see posture, as always, but I'm more excited than I thought possible at this point.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #43
KOV
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, I've never been a fair-weather fan, so I've been excited for madden every year since 1989 lol. That's through ups and downs and thick and thin gentlemen, even through the forgettable next gen 06-09 versions ( I personally enjoyed madden/nc double 10 and11). With that said, you can imagine how I feel now. Enough said, one love folks. I'm out.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm never excited for Madden because I hate the way the game has played ever since they removed the vision cone. The vision cone added a layer of depth to the passing game that the game has never recovered from to me. They never made up for taking it out either. They never added some other simulation feature with anything even approaching the depth that the vision cone gave the passing game and thus, the game play.

With the vision cone in the game, I could over look things like weight not mattering, there being no real momentum in hits, the poor sound and all the fundamental football things that the game does wrong. Without it, my efforts (yes effort) to enjoy the game despite all the things it does poorly are for nothing because the game play simply isn't good or deep enough to make me want to play for any kind of prolonged period.

Now really if they brought the sound up to next-gen quality, made weight and momentum matter, made the sidelines, coaches and crowd actually look good along with getting them to react and interact with whats going on, on the field, I could possibly overlook the fact that there is no vision cone and no feature that could even be construed as an equivalent to it and thus get excited for the release. Instead, I see the "sizzle" gameplay hype video and I just get irritated because the game is still obviously going to play like crap to me. The release date and the EA football games means nothing to me now.

So no I'm not excited about Madden or any EA football title. The best part about that is it doesn't matter. Will the video football game situation ever improve for people like me? Probably not.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 0

This game is looking great. I don't care if the gameplay isn't the best, aslong as its playing a game of football - I just love the content theyre adding in. No game is perfect, but the new features are adding a lot of substance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not at all, until I see trade logic and free agency in Online Franchise, its just another version of Madden to me. Teaser trailers don't mean much in my eyes because they rarely deliver all that they promise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »