Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Certainly did. I get they were trying to highlight the cover guy, but seems like the only thing that stopped him was the sidelines. And that's how the game is supposed to play in Rookie mode?

One plus was the animations definitely looked smoother than in any of the hype videos I've seen. Too bad the defense was mostly on their backs as in previous Maddens.
For goodness sake ! They wanted it to be like that. For all we know it had nothing to do with the difficulty level and they jacked up Hillis's ratings to showcase him, lowered the defenders ratings, or both. This video indicates nothing except that the animations, the running animations, are smoother.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

hahah, that better be on rookie because as much as I don't root for them one thing I know for sure year in and year out it is going to be tough to run on the Steelers.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7
that was nice but I wanna see hillis do his hurdle move!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:13 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Why do people still not understand its a highlight video entitles "Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode"? They aren't going to show him getting 3 yard gains up the middle. Its like the draft right now. When they were showing Cam Newton videos they were all of him breaking tackles and scoring TDs with his feet and arm. That doesn't mean he scores every single play in real life. It'd be pretty silly to show your average play when trying to hype up a player.

― Plato
Old 04-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #61
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Man, am I honestly the only one completely worried by this video. I mean this is typical stuff we are use to seeing. He runs over Troy Polamalu multiple times in this video like he was a college D-2 player.

This video reminds me of NFL2k4 where the HBs broke 18 tackles a game or more.

Edit: Before I get called out, I understand it is a "beast mode" trailer. But we have seen this find its way into Madden 10, I did not get 11 so i can't comment on this. But HBs spinning out of 4 man tackles and such happened to often. Hope it is balanced by release is all I am saying.
I had the same concerns but hope everyone is right and it was rookie etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #62
Rookie

Falcons11497's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Why do people still not understand its a highlight video entitles "Peyton Hillis Goes Beast Mode"? They aren't going to show him getting 3 yard gains up the middle. Its like the draft right now. When they were showing Cam Newton videos they were all of him breaking tackles and scoring TDs with his feet and arm. That doesn't mean he scores every single play in real life. It'd be pretty silly to show your average play when trying to hype up a player.
as i said before, i was only joking
just incase that was directed towards me
Old 04-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Love the video and all of the changes the madden team have made so far. Only crit I can give after watching this vid and the gameplay vid is that I don't like how straight up the ballcarriers and defenders both run into each other. I feel like there should be more anticipation for each impact and lowering of the shoulder to prep for the truck or tackle. Right now it looks good but I think adding that anticipation for the hit would make the tackle interactions look even better.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #64
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9

Looks good..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »