Home

Accurate Franchise Draft Picks

This is a discussion on Accurate Franchise Draft Picks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Accurate Franchise Draft Picks

After seeing tweets like this from Josh Looman last night on Twitter I'm excited to see what kind of draft improvements are made to Franchise

http://twitter.com/#!/Josh_Looman/status/63783114924769280
Old 04-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I'd love to be able to trade future draft picks, but I think it would be difficult for them to program it into the game. I don't remember playing a football game that ever let you trade future draft picks.
If the EA devs for the NHL franchise can do it, then there's no reason why the Madden guys cannot do it.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 12

I thought on ps2 version that you could trade the next 2 years worth of draft picks.

Am I remembering this wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #12
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Every year I wish for this especially using the Patriots. As I joke with my friends what would happen first.
a. Belichick retiring
b. the patriots using all their picks with no trades
c. the patriots having every pick in the first round one year
Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

I hope the new progression system allows the draft classes to have fewer mid 80's plus rookies.

I get that some guys turn out to be beasts and studs, but the preset draft classes, imho, have a few too many guys who start out with OVR 80+ with A ratings.

I mean, really, are there that many rookies who can plug into a system week 1 and perform overall as well or better than most other starters in the league at their positions?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

If they had some sort of learning process that'd help. As is Gabbert wouldn't improve much in the game from sitting on the bench so the Jags trading up for him in game wouldn't make a lot of sense.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really, really, really want there to be an option when starting a franchise to have the correct picks on every team. it could be like the "use pre-existing injuries" option- if you wanted to, you could start a franchise and 'reset' the draft picks so everybody has 1 pick for every round, or you could use the real life picks with some teams which would allow you to either benefit from your team's draft strategy in the past or have to make up for it with good management.

Trying to rebuild a bad team would be more difficult if you only had a few draft picks to work with at the start of the year, and it would be more realistic to see a team like the Patriots have 10+ picks but only enough roster spots to have 6 or so make the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #16
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by X12Celtics3
I really, really, really want there to be an option when starting a franchise to have the correct picks on every team. it could be like the "use pre-existing injuries" option- if you wanted to, you could start a franchise and 'reset' the draft picks so everybody has 1 pick for every round, or you could use the real life picks with some teams which would allow you to either benefit from your team's draft strategy in the past or have to make up for it with good management.

Trying to rebuild a bad team would be more difficult if you only had a few draft picks to work with at the start of the year, and it would be more realistic to see a team like the Patriots have 10+ picks but only enough roster spots to have 6 or so make the team.
Again, the NHL team did this. In NHL 11, you can start a Be a GM mode with actual draft picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »