Home

Guys, i'm worried.

This is a discussion on Guys, i'm worried. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Guys, i'm worried.

I was MORE worried back when the new guy in charge (name escapes me) announced he wanted more "casual fans" to be able to play Madden.........
Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
LT;

We work in the same industry, so, there could be a myriad of reasoning's.

A. More $
B. Less Hours

No reasons to speculate on people we don't know personally imho.

Right, and all of those are things that people may not like about their job, no? I have my own speculations about what his might have been. Not saying they are gospel, but since I don't know the real deal, I only have speculation to go on.

No reason to speculate? I don't know, but I did say personally speculate. Whether I have a reason for speculating or not, I am speculating lol. I don't know what else to tell you.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Madden 12 is NOT Ian's Madden. Ian was the creative director, not the dictator and sole innovator. There are plenty of brilliant designers and developers who made key decisions for Madden 12 that are still onboard.

If the position of creative director were so imperative to the franchise, then they wouldn't have left it vacant right now.

Also:

I thought I read that they had twice as big a development team. Perhaps that's why the improvements? Also guys let's not forget. Every year the promos look and sound promising and then people find plenty to complain about. That said, I liked M11 (like, not loved) and would be happy with the few upgrades we've seen. Funny the cut scenes and intro's and stuff dont' matter that much to me, as usually skip through them anyway. But an improved franchise mode, which at least put back some past features?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

To make a long story short: Every year we have the "I'm worried" and "omg!" threads about this or that. And every year, Madden is developed as it will be. There are talented people onboard, and at least feel assured that "one of us" is on the Madden team.

I know we love to speculate and talk, but we should really wait until we at least play the demo or hear some in-depth game play reviews before we begin pushing panic buttons. Heck, we're in the middle of the NFL draft!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #21
Banned

Cre8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
Madden 12 sounds like it's going to be the game that we've all been waiting for. I'm seriously looking forward to trying it out.

What worries me is the future of Madden. Madden 12 is Ian's Madden. Now that he has moved on, do you think that this surge forward will cease? Do you think that this 3 year plan will hinder this promising direction? Chime in.
They are who we thought they were... AND WE LET'EM OFF THE HOOK!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

Nothing to be worried about here. You worry about your kids, your wife, your livelihood or your finances.

On a serious note, I don't think Madden 12 is going to be the game we all have been waiting for. I think it will be a big step and it will be a good football game. (Finally, but it still remains to be seen). I think that there are many very bad mistakes that EA has made over the last 7 years that they are still trying to un-**** if you will.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
Banned

The interview with the new GM has given more insight regarding how things work with the development of Madden games. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's seems like the software engineers are the people that really drive this game. The designers put in features and whatnot, but it's the engineers that really effect how this game plays under the hood.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #24
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
Madden 12 sounds like it's going to be the game that we've all been waiting for. I'm seriously looking forward to trying it out.

What worries me is the future of Madden. Madden 12 is Ian's Madden. Now that he has moved on, do you think that this surge forward will cease? Do you think that this 3 year plan will hinder this promising direction? Chime in.
No not at all. I wish Ian well, but in most cases everyone is replaceable. There is always someone in the wings that can fill in , and in times do a better job.

Im also waiting to see how Madden 12 is going to be when I get my hands on the game , before I declare it the Madden we all have been waiting for.

Now Ian leaving at the time he did, also tells me they have confidence on the team that is working on Madden. I hope Madden 12 is hot, and if so then Madden should be fine moving forward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »