Home

Guys, i'm worried.

This is a discussion on Guys, i'm worried. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Guys, i'm worried.

In regards to this discussion, my opinion on Ian or anyone on the Madden team is related to what sportscasters say about coaches...They get too much credit when the team is playing well and too much blame when the team loses. I'm sure it's a team effort and there are many people and factors in play in the development of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #26
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
No not at all. I wish Ian well, but in most cases everyone is replaceable. There is always someone in the wings that can fill in , and in times do a better job.

Im also waiting to see how Madden 12 is going to be when I get my hands on the game , before I declare it the Madden we all have been waiting for.

Now Ian leaving at the time he did, also tells me they have confidence on the team that is working on Madden. I hope Madden 12 is hot, and if so then Madden should be fine moving forward.

How would that mean they have confidence in the team that's there if Ian resigned of his own volition? If he wanted to go, they couldn't stop him, so the timing is on his end, at least officially.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

The game other than tuning was done when Ian left. So this will be Ians last mark on this game.

Again everything I am seeing and reading looks very promising for us long time fans of the game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #28
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
How would that mean they have confidence in the team that's there if Ian resigned of his own volition? If he wanted to go, they couldn't stop him, so the timing is on his end, at least officially.
Who is to truly say he resigned, or they gave him the option to save face.

We only know what they want us to know. POLITICS is everywhere.

IMO I feel they gave him the option, and I base this on how it all went down.

Anyway Ian being gone will not make a difference if Madden succeeds or not in the future.

I have stated this countless times in this forum. What hurts Madden is the engine. I feel this was the reason for the suffering of the Madden franchise.

You and I could have developed for Madden, and would have failed due to the engine.

I feel engines make a humongous impact if a game will be successful or not. COD is a perfect example. Infinity ward is gone, but Activision owns the engine, and is why I feel MW3 will still be a success.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 04-29-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #29
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

Anyway Ian being gone will not make a difference if Madden succeeds or not in the future.

I have stated this countless times in this forum. What hurts Madden is the engine. I feel this was the reason for the suffering of the Madden franchise.

You and I could have developed for Madden, and would have failed due to the engine.

I feel engines make a humongous impact if a game will be successful or not. COD is a perfect example. Infinity ward is gone, but Activision owns the engine, and is why I feel MW3 will still be a success.
First and foremost, I think we can avoid the conspiracy theories. Secondly, the "engine" of Madden (which is really a coordinated effort of multiple engines) isn't going anywhere.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #30
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
First and foremost, I think we can avoid the conspiracy theories. Secondly, the "engine" of Madden (which is really a coordinated effort of multiple engines) isn't going anywhere.
First and foremost , I think I'am entitled to express my thoughts, and if you disagree I respect that, and secondly your right THOSE engines will not go anywhere.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #31
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

I accept that as a possibility, which is why I said "officially". But, without any proof to the contrary, I don't see how we can go on anything other than what has been written. We can speculate, as I have done, and will continue to do, but that's all it is.

That being the case, I don't see how the timing of his departure can be viewed as a sign of confidence in the rest of the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUp
To the OP, you have a good reason to be worried. Look at the last 6 games.
On the other hand, if you're worried based on the previous 6 iterations and you're still willing to buy this game, who's to blame there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »