Home

Guys, i'm worried.

This is a discussion on Guys, i'm worried. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 52
Re: Guys, i'm worried.

Thanks all, hopefully you dig M12. If you don't, well then it's Dembroski's fault anyway.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Thanks all, hopefully you dig M12. If you don't, well then it's Dembroski's fault anyway.
So, if we like it, it is also Dembroski's fault too and not yours?

― Plato
Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #51
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

I wish Ian the best and understood why he left. I also respect the fact that Madden has greatly improved under him from the pre Madden 10 era. BUT...

Madden 11 was "Ian's Madden" as well. Madden 11 was not much more than a roster update.

And we still have yet to find out the improvements for franchise, and actually PLAY the game. People already claiming this is the game we have been waiting for are obviously letting their eyes cloud their foresight. How many times in the past has someone said "This years Madden is going to be great"

Dont get me wrong...IT VERY WELL COULD BE GREAT, but in reality, we still know very little about the game. A few short videos from EA shouldnt convince anyone who has been in this rodeo before. Those people should know better by now.

And also, based on what Ive heard about the Fifa guy coming to Madden, and the new teams working on gameplay going forward, I am actually excited more for the future Madden's than I have been for any of the recent ones.

But, I will agree the Madden 12 looks like it has great potential. Still, its important to remember that he is FAR from the only one who worked on this game to make it what it is and will be. Im sure even he would agree with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #52
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
I wish Ian the best and understood why he left. I also respect the fact that Madden has greatly improved under him from the pre Madden 10 era. BUT...

Madden 11 was "Ian's Madden" as well. Madden 11 was not much more than a roster update.

And we still have yet to find out the improvements for franchise, and actually PLAY the game. People already claiming this is the game we have been waiting for are obviously letting their eyes cloud their foresight. How many times in the past has someone said "This years Madden is going to be great"

Dont get me wrong...IT VERY WELL COULD BE GREAT, but in reality, we still know very little about the game. A few short videos from EA shouldnt convince anyone who has been in this rodeo before. Those people should know better by now.

And also, based on what Ive heard about the Fifa guy coming to Madden, and the new teams working on gameplay going forward, I am actually excited more for the future Madden's than I have been for any of the recent ones.

But, I will agree the Madden 12 looks like it has great potential. Still, its important to remember that he is FAR from the only one who worked on this game to make it what it is and will be. Im sure even he would agree with that.
Well there are those (myself included) who really enjoyed the heck out of Madden 11 (still do as a mater of fact). Yes I know it's short comings (mainly the suction and sliding and bowling pin tackles and lack of a deep franchise mode). What I have seen so far looks pretty good and has me very excited. Much more than what I saw the last 2 years. Madden 11 was a much tighter version of Madden 10. I found Madden 10 to have more flaws on the field as far as no vertical passing game what so ever, and the flats were a huge exploit. It was boring. Madden 11 (yes you had to have a great slider set and cpu game planning) is a fun game.Perfect? Far from it.

This year looks like it is shaping up to be a big year for Madden. There is nothing wrong with getting excited. I am a long time fan of the series. I overlook some of the flaws (all sports games have them...all of them) if I am having a great time playing.

Let's it put it this way. I have had no desire to play last gen football games after playing Madden 11. I just can't go back anymore.

Madden 12 IMO will put a lot of that talk to rest.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-07-2011, 09:39 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 28

Madden has been around for over 20 years. Because of some recent departures, Madden will not all of a sudden cease to exist or progress. EA will not let that happen. Let's hope that this year's game continues its progression and provides another solid foundation for years to come....
Old 05-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Lol, I personally am planning on making the title of my review for Madden 12 on League Manager: "Madden 12: Ian's swan song" , then laugh my butt off while most of the OSers do everything they can to discredit your work. Thanks for everything Pimp... Wish I would have had the chance to meet ya.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:12 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Well there are those (myself included) who really enjoyed the heck out of Madden 11 (still do as a mater of fact). Yes I know it's short comings (mainly the suction and sliding and bowling pin tackles and lack of a deep franchise mode). What I have seen so far looks pretty good and has me very excited. Much more than what I saw the last 2 years. Madden 11 was a much tighter version of Madden 10. I found Madden 10 to have more flaws on the field as far as no vertical passing game what so ever, and the flats were a huge exploit. It was boring. Madden 11 (yes you had to have a great slider set and cpu game planning) is a fun game.Perfect? Far from it.

This year looks like it is shaping up to be a big year for Madden. There is nothing wrong with getting excited. I am a long time fan of the series. I overlook some of the flaws (all sports games have them...all of them) if I am having a great time playing.

Let's it put it this way. I have had no desire to play last gen football games after playing Madden 11. I just can't go back anymore.

Madden 12 IMO will put a lot of that talk to rest.

i second that emotion. I'm still enjoying the heck out of M11. Yes I too an aware of it's flaws and sincerely hope they improve in those areas. And Yes I also found M11 much more playable than M10 for realism (I did like the halftime and extra point shows in M10 - why did they take that out??? - Was there some kind of uproar against it???)
I'm going to preorder M12 and be online at midnight. In the meantime I'll play m11 and LA Noire comes out on birthday...I'm counting on that to hold me until August 30th.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #56
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
i second that emotion. I'm still enjoying the heck out of M11. Yes I too an aware of it's flaws and sincerely hope they improve in those areas. And Yes I also found M11 much more playable than M10 for realism (I did like the halftime and extra point shows in M10 - why did they take that out??? - Was there some kind of uproar against it???)
I'm going to preorder M12 and be online at midnight. In the meantime I'll play m11 and LA Noire comes out on birthday...I'm counting on that to hold me until August 30th.
The Extra Point Weekly Show was still in the game. The halftime show was not very good in my opinion. The scores were always weird (for example they would show scores from around the league and the scores said at the half but it was always their final score.

The backlash of the weekly show was it very bare bones. Only showing 3 or 4 scores with no highlights, no league stories, etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »