Home

Should Madden have a BETA?

This is a discussion on Should Madden have a BETA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Should Madden have a BETA?

usually other game genres do "betas" but after the complete lack of defense in 11 (which couldn't have been predicted after a solid madden 10) and complete loss of trust for many of the hardcore, why not?

i'd be all for it. set a new trend! be the first sports game with a beta Madden! IF you trust your product that is...

i only trust gameplay at this point. words mean little after what happened last year. FYI: a demo is NOT a beta..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Should Madden have a BETA?

If they have a beta then they are going to be pointed out all the things that are not right. Some of those things they won't beable to fix and either they ignore the problem or make a public statement like "maybe next year" before this years game even comes out.

There are a million reasons why this will never happen for Madden. That is just one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajai
usually other game genres do "betas" but after the complete lack of defense in 11 (which couldn't have been predicted after a solid madden 10) and complete loss of trust for many of the hardcore, why not?

i'd be all for it. set a new trend! be the first sports game with a beta Madden! IF you trust your product that is...

i only trust gameplay at this point. words mean little after what happened last year. FYI: a demo is NOT a beta..
You must have ditched your game early. Defense was fixed via last patch and tuner set in the middle of December.

They now have tuner sets like college football does, so, they will probably be your beta.

Plus, there is already a thread started on QA testing. Similar topic.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajai

What does that blue fish have to do with Madden???? Seriously...what's a BETA....the fish and the old video tape system is all that I can come up with.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

OFCOURSE, it is always a beta. All sports games are betas, we have to always wait months after to get the game hopefully we wanted, always patches to fix obvious problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

1. Madden had no tuner sets.
2. LOL! I don't call patching in defense after 4 months of 56-49 scores a fix. but maybe that's just me.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

The version of the game just before a release candidate would be a beta. So you go from alpha, to beta, to release candidate, to release.

Now if you're asking to PLAY that beta, keep dreaming.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Every game could benefit from a beta, provided that it has a good community testing, which probably rules Madden out lol.

Seriously though, could it help? Yes, but it isn't going to happen for the overwhelming majority of games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »