Home

A couple things I'd like to see and don't know if they've been talked about

This is a discussion on A couple things I'd like to see and don't know if they've been talked about within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5
A couple things I'd like to see and don't know if they've been talked about

I'd liked to see this in both Madden and NCAA, and don't know if either of these were in last years Madden bc I didn't play it.

I'd like to see penalties for horse-collar tackles and late hits out of bounds and after the play is over. To go along with the horse collar penalty, there should be a couple different animations for it.

I think all the real life penalties should make it into the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A couple things I'd like to see and don't know if they've been talked about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
I'd liked to see this in both Madden and NCAA, and don't know if either of these were in last years Madden bc I didn't play it.

I'd like to see penalties for horse-collar tackles and late hits out of bounds and after the play is over. To go along with the horse collar penalty, there should be a couple different animations for it.

I think all the real life penalties should make it into the games.
Quoted for truth lol.

There are a few, more essential penalties that still haven't found their way in this game yet, like illegal men downfield. And let's not forget that some that are in the game, aren't called properly or at all.

Lot of work, as far as penalties go, to be done in this game.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Quoted for truth lol.

There are a few, more essential penalties that still haven't found their way in this game yet, like illegal men downfield. And let's not forget that some that are in the game, aren't called properly or at all.

Lot of work, as far as penalties go, to be done in this game.
What he said, but this needs to go a step further.

The No Fun League probably won't allow horsecollar or late hit OB hits because they could be construed as violent hits.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

They do have roughing the passer and late hits outta bounds that get called.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

There are 20 penalties this game lack and I find that ridiculous. The ones you listed have been in other games and so have half the missing ones as well. When going for the ultimate authentic experience like this year, I find it it funny in a wrong way the selection of penalties is absolutely terrible.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I think late hit out of bounds has been in for a couple of years now.

Would including all real life penalties include guys throwing punches and getting ejected? lol
Old 04-29-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I think late hit out of bounds has been in for a couple of years now.

Would including all real life penalties include guys throwing punches and getting ejected? lol
I know it is a rhetorical question and the NFL would never let that in the game. But if they did let players start to push and shove each other and possibly throw punches, then they could also include suspensions for it.

For example... I am playing a franchise game. I score and go up 28-0 on the Cowboys. They get frustrated and start playing physical, hitting after the whistle and eventually throw a punch and my player fights back. It is quickly broken up within seconds, but after the game my player and the Cowboys player are suspended for 2+ games. That would definitely teach me fights are not acceptable and the NFL doesn't tolerate them.

― Plato
Old 04-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I know it is a rhetorical question and the NFL would never let that in the game. But if they did let players start to push and shove each other and possibly throw punches, then they could also include suspensions for it.

For example... I am playing a franchise game. I score and go up 28-0 on the Cowboys. They get frustrated and start playing physical, hitting after the whistle and eventually throw a punch and my player fights back. It is quickly broken up within seconds, but after the game my player and the Cowboys player are suspended for 2+ games. That would definitely teach me fights are not acceptable and the NFL doesn't tolerate them.
I kinda said that jokingly but the more I think about it the more I think it would be a lot of fun to see happen but very rarely. Like you said though the NFL would never allow it and there are other normal penalties that should be included before something like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »