Home

Tuner Sets FAQ

This is a discussion on Tuner Sets FAQ within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Tuner Sets FAQ

Anyone know when the first tuner set will be done? I don't want to put in days and days of work on sliders if they're just going to release a tuner set soon that will change everything.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Anyone know when the first tuner set will be done? I don't want to put in days and days of work on sliders if they're just going to release a tuner set soon that will change everything.
If that's the case, then stop working on sliders until January. Tuner sets have been the bane of my existence since they started on NCAA 11. I actually stopped going on XBL in November on Madden 11 just to avoid the last patch and the destruction of a well-tuned slider set.

EA should focus tuners on things like sim stats and animation tweaking and only change the "default sliders" for the online modes.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
Banned

RememberMe12's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
If that's the case, then stop working on sliders until January. Tuner sets have been the bane of my existence since they started on NCAA 11. I actually stopped going on XBL in November on Madden 11 just to avoid the last patch and the destruction of a well-tuned slider set.

EA should focus tuners on things like sim stats and animation tweaking and only change the "default sliders" for the online modes.
No offense man, but that sounds pretty selfish. If the pass defense is atrocious in the game, then they should have to fix the issues. If the d-line isnt getting any pressure at all and you have to come up with 50 house rules in order to get a decent game from the CPU, then it should be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
No offense man, but that sounds pretty selfish. If the pass defense is atrocious in the game, then they should have to fix the issues. If the d-line isnt getting any pressure at all and you have to come up with 50 house rules in order to get a decent game from the CPU, then it should be fixed.
Issues such as the D-Line getting pressure on default settings would only impact an online gamer. Anyone who is running an Offline Dynasty can use sliders to change the frequency of pressure on the QB.

That is why I said that the tuners need to separate into two components: Offline game modes and Online game modes. There's no reason for "tuning" where the user has the ability to tune themselves. Tiburon has a perfect 100% track record of never being able to balance/tune a game properly.

Also, it's far from selfish considering that hundreds of users on forums such as these use sliders which have been tested by a gamer (for hundreds of hours in most cases). All of those people are then left scrambling after tuner sets get released which results in a lot of wasted effort.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Did any tuner updates affect franchise logic in NHL?

Just wondering if this could possible affect the (poor) CPU roster management logic in offline franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »