Home

Custom Playbooks Thread

This is a discussion on Custom Playbooks Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Custom Playbooks Thread

I figured since it's been confirmed that Custom Playbooks are in, that we start a thread for what plays & formations we would like in Madden NFL 12. Even if they're in Alpha build, it's good to request some new plays for next year.

Have at it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Custom Playbooks Thread

Love the Idea of this thread...Im just a little upset all signs are pointing toward your custom playbooks not working during online games yet..

Anyway, in my custom playbook, it'll probably take awhile to figure out what Im gonna want to do to counter what the CPU does, or my opponent online.

Wish I could have a sexier answer for you, but I look forward to hearing peoples ideas.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #3
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
Love the Idea of this thread...Im just a little upset all signs are pointing toward your custom playbooks not working during online games yet..

Anyway, in my custom playbook, it'll probably take awhile to figure out what Im gonna want to do to counter what the CPU does, or my opponent online.

Wish I could have a sexier answer for you, but I look forward to hearing peoples ideas.
I think they'll work...it's just gonna take some work....at worse, we'll have em online in a patch. I think the extra weeks they have to patch some things up WILL help them.

That being said, we need some better wildcat options. I know, I know...it can be abused, but RBs need to be able to run if i dire need.

Another thing...damn near every team, if not all teams, have run plays where the WR stops at a certain point(usually near the TE) to help in run blocking. (example in the video I'll post in a sec...it'll be at the 1:05 and 1:23 marks)

Another thing...Texans run scheme. "one cut n go" is what we do! Example here and I'll give video times:

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head, folks.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

IMO, there needs to be more West Coast Offense-specific formations... notably Split Backs, and Near/Far (otherwise known as "Slot-T"). Last year, I only saw Split Back in the WC playbook, and that formation had the LEAST amount of plays within it than any of the other ones...

Split Backs 2WR

(There should be a Twin WR & 3WR variant of Split Backs, too.)

Near/Far 2WR formations

(If I remember correctly, there was a Twin WR & "Close" variant of the Slot-T formations in Madden 07 for the PS2.)
Old 05-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

im gunna try to recreate the pats real playbook, last year it was way off, but too maddens defense the pats did switch things up in week 5.

Lots of 2 and 3 te packages, tons of single back sets and lots of wr screens. Trick plays will be flea flicker, reverse, double reverse, jet sweep( in vikes playbook, pats used tate on the jet sweep 4 times last year), fake reverse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #6
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

offensively I'm gonna have a 50/50 split of run and pass, def playaction in between , plenty of screens rb, fb, te and wr in most all formations. Defensively I almost go to a hybrid 3-4 allowing for a couple of 4-3 formations along with plenty of blitzes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »