Home

Draft scouting idea

This is a discussion on Draft scouting idea within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #9
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Draft scouting idea

Scouting should consist of 4 phases:

1. Pro Days
2. Senior Bowl
3. Combine w/ Scouting Report from Combine
4. Individual Workouts

It needs to be almost identical to NFL Head Coach 09 to where a little more info is revealed to the user about the player and you only have a limited selection of players you can scout.

Potential grade is only revealed at the individual workouts, and you can select a max of 10 players, etc.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #10
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsports
uh not really. Their has yet to be a madden game where imports come in a accurate comparison to the draft class import, it was better this year so we will see.
Again, not really sure what you mean. I played Madden 07 a couple months back and that draft class was more true to it's real life counterpart then any of the draft classes I've done in any Next-Gen Madden. Scouting should be based on actually seeing the player. I rarely ever look at attributes when it comes to signing a free agent, so why do I need to do it for players. We need to SEE how they play and SEE their physical attributes. I'd settle for just one college all-star game, with a system in place to get everyone on the field. Then for the rest, just pro days where you can take in a limited number of players and run them through drills. That way you have to be careful with your time. Sans the presentation, there was nothing wrong with last gens scouting system.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Importing classes was terrible on last gen as well. Better scouting...yes, but as far as importing them based on their ratings in NCAA , they always came out pretty jacked up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Are you guys really going to sit there and watch a virtual combine and virtual game film? Really? Get real here.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Are you guys really going to sit there and watch a virtual combine and virtual game film? Really? Get real here.
Yes, absolutely I'd watch it. I'd take notes on each player, no matter how many hours it would take. I control every team and don't sim the actual draft at all, which takes hours to prepare for and even more hours to go through, and I love it. I love the draft. It's my favorite thing about the NFL.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #14
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Already playing a virtual football game
Old 05-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #15
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Yes, absolutely I'd watch it. I'd take notes on each player, no matter how many hours it would take. I control every team and don't sim the actual draft at all, which takes hours to prepare for and even more hours to go through, and I love it. I love the draft. It's my favorite thing about the NFL.
Im willing to bet that you are in the vast minority that drafts for every team.

I love watching the actual combine, but in the end, a virtual played out combine is useless. All that is needed is the numbers. Most people arent going to sit there every time and watch it, and I doubt the will ever put that in for the few people that would. it would be a waste of valuable time to put that in the game IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
Im willing to bet that you are in the vast minority that drafts for every team.

I love watching the actual combine, but in the end, a virtual played out combine is useless. All that is needed is the numbers. Most people arent going to sit there every time and watch it, and I doubt the will ever put that in for the few people that would. it would be a waste of valuable time to put that in the game IMO.
Yeah, well Online Team Play was a waste of time and money too, but they still did it. You could argue that everything that made the last gen franchises great were for a minority, but when people actually got their hands on it it was welcomed by the majority. A virtual combine might be a bit too much, but we still need an actual visual scouting system. Having just numbers is boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »