Home

Does Madden Get The Bull Rushing Animations Too?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Get The Bull Rushing Animations Too? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Does Madden Get The Bull Rushing Animations Too?

Yea I hope it isn't an issue where the O-lineman is getting planted on his back multiple times during a game which is unrealistic. I would rather see him getting pushed back into the QB more often then anything if you have a beast D-lineman.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

I hope not that hardly happens. Not getting knocked over, I'd like a bull rush that pushed OL into the RBs or QB backfield.

I really wish Madden would understand the 3-4 and the impact of a NT.

NT demand 2 interior linemen to help, but Madden has them one on one a lot giving the LBs and DEs a much harder time in pass rush/run stop.

Now think if people put two NT at DT in a 4-3 with 2 3-4 DEs the line should be COMPLETELY plugged up, with very little pass rush, and better run stop.

Watch in Madden 12, Fairley and Suh SHOULD DOMINATE! and they will almost be rendered useless because Madden doesn't trigger the double time in the trenches how they should. It defeats the purpose of having two dominant DTs. For get the pass rush animations, fix blocking a QB pockets before you make waste time on animations that shouldn't happen even close to as much as the double teams and DLine/OLine interaction.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #19
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

While Madden might get the 'bull rush' animations, I don't think it'll have proper bull rush. I think they've included the bull rush knock-over animation to prevent people from putting in punters and kickers in the offensive line and have them playing like solid linemen.

However, I'd like to see the defensive tackles bull rush (aka collapse the pocket from the interior, not knock people over) and allow the outside rush to get to the QB easily when he can't step up. Also I'd like to see outside rushers speed bull rush the offensive tackles, separate and go after the QB instead of being caught in blocking animations.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #20
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
...I think they've included the bull rush knock-over animation to prevent people from putting in punters and kickers in the offensive line and have them playing like solid linemen.
I hope it's more than that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

At best, curious vids to showcase bull rushing.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #21
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
I hope not that hardly happens. Not getting knocked over, I'd like a bull rush that pushed OL into the RBs or QB backfield.

I really wish Madden would understand the 3-4 and the impact of a NT.

NT demand 2 interior linemen to help, but Madden has them one on one a lot giving the LBs and DEs a much harder time in pass rush/run stop.

Now think if people put two NT at DT in a 4-3 with 2 3-4 DEs the line should be COMPLETELY plugged up, with very little pass rush, and better run stop.

Watch in Madden 12, Fairley and Suh SHOULD DOMINATE! and they will almost be rendered useless because Madden doesn't trigger the double time in the trenches how they should. It defeats the purpose of having two dominant DTs. For get the pass rush animations, fix blocking a QB pockets before you make waste time on animations that shouldn't happen even close to as much as the double teams and DLine/OLine interaction.
THANK U GOD somebody else understands football. until they fix the Dline and Oline logic the animations won't mean a thing. This is the reason why we have so many nano blitzes because it's easy to understand who is going to get block one on one. In the 3-4 defense both Offensive guards shouldn't get to the second level easy if there's a powerful NT on the field. he should be demanding a double team by one of the guards every run play or at least a double team for 2 seconds and move up to the second level.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »