Home

two quick questions

This is a discussion on two quick questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
two quick questions

1. In madden 11 does every qb drop back the same way? It feels like no matter who I play as the qb drop is something you can't break out of and is extremely slow and in most cases my qb is hit right as he is finally finishing his drop.

2. In madden 12 will we be getting the turbo/speed burst button back because in reality an athlete can turn on the jets or off purposely when he feels like speeding up or slowing down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: two quick questions

No idea on #1, but on #2, the sprint button still exists in Madden 11. It's in the control options somewhere and off by default, however.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
No idea on #1, but on #2, the sprint button still exists in Madden 11. It's in the control options somewhere and off by default, however.

I thought they all looked a little different and some seem to get back quicker than others. The steps look the same but I notice the better QB's get set up faster, I believe.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

thanks, now this will probably sound stupid but how the heck do i turn on the sprint button, i cant even figure out how to adjust the regular buttons on the game controls menu
Old 05-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

you can't reassign buttons, you must use the preset controls. auto sprint and auto strafe can be turned off in 'my madden' settings under gameplay options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

#1 It depends on which play you choose in the game. If you choose an under center play, some of them are designed to be 3 step drops (no matter what team/QB you're using), some are 5, some are 7, some are rollouts, etc. If you want to get the ball out quick, use the automatic audible to "Quick Pass." These are always 3 step drops. And you're right, the game most times will not allow the QB to throw the ball or scramble during the "drop back" animation, even if there is a 290# DE bearing down on you. Which is why I almost always audible to "Quick Pass" in obvious pressure situations, and then hot route the receivers to do what I want them to. (I also do not use accelerated clock.)

2. As CHooe said, sprint does exist, you just have to go into options and turn off auto-sprint.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »