Home

Mo-Capping in Madden 12: Will there be more NFL Stars strapping that black suit on?

This is a discussion on Mo-Capping in Madden 12: Will there be more NFL Stars strapping that black suit on? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Mo-Capping in Madden 12: Will there be more NFL Stars strapping that black suit on?

While I was browsing the http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sentation.html thread, I saw an awful amount of real NFL players on that field explaining the action, lol:

Any word if these players are actually mo-capping for M12 this year? I mean, I love Kenny Bell (and assorted mo-cappers) as much as the next guy ...

but it'd great if we were treated with more real NFL player movement for Madden 12 . I mean, we do see these movements on Sunday.

I know Wayne Rooney and Ovechkin (and others) regularly do mocap for Fifa and NHL respectively. And not surprisingly, these are 2 of EA's most respected titles. But EA's Madden always seems to be short-sold when it comes to mo-capping its sport's stars.

Last edited by Nab_Impervious_XII; 05-07-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Mo-Capping in Madden 12: Will there be more NFL Stars strapping that black suit

yeah that will be great if there was NFL players mo-capping in madden 12, but i don't think they are.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Mo-Capping in Madden 12: Will there be more NFL Stars strapping that black suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
While I was browsing the http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sentation.html thread, I saw an awful amount of real NFL players on that field explaining the action, lol:

Any word if these players are actually mo-capping for M12 this year? I mean, I love Kenny Bell (and assorted mo-cappers) as much as the next guy ...

but it'd great if we were treated with more real NFL player movement for Madden 12 . I mean, we do see these movements on Sunday.

I know Wayne Rooney and Ovechkin (and others) regularly do mocap for Fifa and NHL respectively. And not surprisingly, these are 2 of EA's most respected titles. But EA's Madden always seems to be short-sold when it comes to mo-capping its sport's stars.
I have always thought this was a great idea too but I doubt NFL teams would like to see players get injured doing a Motion Capture for a Video Game. I think it would be cool to have some players motion capture certain things that wouldn't put them in any harm to injure themselves.

- QB Throw Motion: Have Every QB Motion Capture how they throw so it's more realistic to the real QB.

- Team Intros: I look specifically at the Ray Lewis Dance Intro as a Ravens fan. I'm sure Ray Lewis wouldn't mind coming in for a few hours and motion capturing his dance and motion capture him doing his Pre-Game Speech. I'm sure other teams have players that do a Pre-Game Speech.

- OL/DL Interaction: Ok this is where you could have some injury but doing this could really help make OL/DL interaction much better than it already is.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
I have always thought this was a great idea too but I doubt NFL teams would like to see players get injured doing a Motion Capture for a Video Game. I think it would be cool to have some players motion capture certain things that wouldn't put them in any harm to injure themselves.

- QB Throw Motion: Have Every QB Motion Capture how they throw so it's more realistic to the real QB.

- Team Intros: I look specifically at the Ray Lewis Dance Intro as a Ravens fan. I'm sure Ray Lewis wouldn't mind coming in for a few hours and motion capturing his dance and motion capture him doing his Pre-Game Speech. I'm sure other teams have players that do a Pre-Game Speech.

- OL/DL Interaction: Ok this is where you could have some injury but doing this could really help make OL/DL interaction much better than it already is.
I agree about the injuries if you're simulating tackles, but if they just mo-capped the running movements (and those other movements you mentioned), it would still make the game look tremendous. The way Michael Vick runs now just irks me. His posture is stiff and his running gait looks methodical. It takes me out of the moment whenever I see him on the field. If they're going to highlight him in every Madden 12 trailer, I wish they at least spent a couple days mo-capping him.

PES, on the other hand, spared no expenses in inviting Messi (possibly the greatest footballer on the pitch now) to do significant mocap.

And PES doesn't even have all the leagues licensed, lol. That shows a dedication to authenticity that I respect.

Last edited by Nab_Impervious_XII; 05-07-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

I doubt it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2011, 03:44 AM   #6
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
I doubt it..
That was a deep and well thought out reply...

On the topic i would love this also but i would imagine they would have a hard time getting many to come in for this.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think mo-capping is finished with M12. You'll have to hope for later versions for that to happen.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
Rookie

DarkOmnios's Arena

OVR: 0

Is Kenny Bell still in EA??Didn't he wanted to go to the NFL??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »