Home

Madden likely to be sidelined at my house

This is a discussion on Madden likely to be sidelined at my house within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2003, 07:17 AM   #9
F*n *s G**d

plez2002's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden likely to be sidelined at my house

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
For the life of me, I can't figure out why more people don't feel the same way.

I think most of the people who enjoy Madden 2004 are too busy playing the game to comment on it... As for this whole "Madden vs. NCAA" thing, I happen to enjoy both with an appreciation of the differences between the collegiate and professional game...
Old 08-28-2003, 07:46 AM   #10
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

I like Madden, but I agree that NCAA is a much better game of football. Sure, I'm having a blast with my Falcons franchise, but my UGA Bulldogs franchise is somehow much more satisfying. Maybe it's the SI covers. Maybe it's the better atmosphere. Maybe it's the recruiting. The only thing that sucks about NCAA for me is no in-game save. For that reason, I'm more likely to play Madden when I have only a half an hour of gaming time.

ESPN? Looks intriguing. I can't tell a lot from the demo, other than I love the running game. How sweet would it be if you could somehow import your NCAA draft class into ESPN? I know that would be legally impossible, but still...
Old 08-28-2003, 07:54 AM   #11
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

plez2002 said:
[I think most of the people who enjoy Madden 2004 are too busy playing the game to comment on it... As for this whole "Madden vs. NCAA" thing, I happen to enjoy both with an appreciation of the differences between the collegiate and professional game...

I agree. I like them both. The only reason I give Madden the edge is because I love the NFL. Other than that, they're both great games to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 08:46 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I want to get ESPN but the lack of an in-gave save option worries me.

I'll still get it, but I will end up playing Madden more.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #13
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6

i didn't like madden 2003 but i'm enjoying ncaa 2004 & madden 2004 and i also loved ncaa2003... i'm hoping espn football delivers for me last years nfl2k3 game was good but needed some issues fixed.......
Old 08-28-2003, 09:47 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 21

I'm with you guys. NCAA is just awesome. I am a long time Madden PC player...but not this year. Going to stick to ESPN for Xbox and NCAA. Madden just refuses to fix the game on the field...or if they do they create 2 or 3 other glaring problems (see QB sack issue).

Getting tired of Madden...but NCAA is still fresh even months later.

C
Old 08-28-2003, 10:32 AM   #15
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm done with Madden this year. Even after my nice Vikings dynasty I have. (sig) I did what I wanted in owners mode (new stadium) now it's just umm blah. The gameplay pushes me away more and more. I can't make myself like a game because what's on the outside of it. As some of you know I had ESPN beta and it rocked. After talking with LBz, Steve on some points of the final build, and looking at some vids, I'm amazed how much it was polished. I still like Madden and it was fun while it lasted, but VC's plan might be a good one, as they might expect this happen to a lot of football gamers (getting burned out on a good but not great madden game) ..then releasing 2k4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 10:33 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 7

Yep Yep,

I have NCAA and Madden right now. Although I prefer NCAA i'd rather play madden because I can save it as soon as im tired of it and finish up later. NCAA is just a classic.

But I'll be benching Madden once Espn comes in if it meets my expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »