Home

Did I miss something

This is a discussion on Did I miss something within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Did I miss something

Did EA skip over the playbook part of playbook I?
"Playbooks & Gameplay"

We got some info on the gameplay, but nothing on the playbooks. Well there was Custom Playbooks, but lil no real info on that.

Let me know if i missed something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Did I miss something

They've had two parts, Gameplay and Presentation. The title of the videos is 'Virtual Playbook' so there hasn't actually been a video about playbooks yet.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

They did mention that the user can create custom playbooks, with hard limits of 400 plays and 25 (I think? I always forget the second number) formations. It was kinda tucked away in one of the recent blogs.

EDIT: The Jon Robinson blog over at ESPN.com says 400 plays and 75 "sets", where presumably a set is something like "Ace - Normal" or "Ace - Twins".

Last edited by CM Hooe; 05-09-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

playbook meaning it's ea's playbook. Those gameplay video are consider their playbook.

Old 05-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
playbook meaning it's ea's playbook. Those gameplay video are consider their playbook.
NO Playbook #1 of 6 is "Playbooks & Gameplay"

Maybe thats all we getting on the "playbooks" side is custom playbooks. I was looking for more, then just that. Some info on new formations O & D. Something to go along with the new zone D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

There was a brief blog on custom playbooks that was supposed to be released but wasn't for whatever reason. I'm not sure why.

Basically, it works almost exactly like 2nd gen custom playbooks, but the capasity is much higher. 400 plays in 40 formations, plus it works in concert with game-plan so you can set the weight of plays as you are going. Now, that's not combined... your offensive and defensive playbooks are seperate entities, so it's 400 offensive plays and 400 defensive plays.

I'll try to see what happened with the blog.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

AJ,

If I may pose a question about the custom playbooks for you: do playbooks that end-users build organize in the same manner that EA-built playbooks do? That is, do all the I-Formation sets group together, all the Shotgun formation sets group together, etc.? This was not the case in last-gen, every set was its own separate page in the playbook.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
AJ,

If I may pose a question about the custom playbooks for you: do playbooks that end-users build organize in the same manner that EA-built playbooks do? That is, do all the I-Formation sets group together, all the Shotgun formation sets group together, etc.? This was not the case in last-gen, every set was its own separate page in the playbook.

Thanks.
Yes, it groups them in the same way default playbooks are grouped. So all sets from the same "formation" are under the same tab in the play call screen.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »