Home

Has Madden become the HighHeat of Football Games...

This is a discussion on Has Madden become the HighHeat of Football Games... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 11:09 AM   #17
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Has Madden become the HighHeat of Football Games...

Quote:

SportsMonger said:
Quote:

grismosw said:
so you want them to dump to whole gameplay engine (that works) just for a change. Why?

Why does John Carmack make new Game engines for DOOM and the Quake series...To make the game better...That is kind of a silly question, don't ya think..

The engine is old man...If a nascar driver has a good engine in his car, but he can't win any races...Is he going to stick with the old engine that "WORKS"...

No he is going to go with the engine that wins the races..He isn't going to stick with OL' Faithful..

Comeon dude you can't be serious...Believe it or not new is always better, in most cases.. Trust me..

Maddens engine is like a stale cracker...You know its stale but if you add a litlle milk "Bells and Whistles an Owners mode and more fluff" you might not notice it..

Well guess what I notice the cracker is stale now...Milk can't hide it anymore...It's time for change...

I will not dare buy Madden next year again if it is this same old "Stale Cracker"..

Thats why my friend...

A week ago I would have strongly disagreed with you, but after playing Madden online, I couldn't AGREE with you more. There is still WAY too much momentum on defense, makes controlling a LB or CB (especially in the open field) a waste of time -- I'd rather play the line and let the f'ing computer play my defense. Can't wait to see what ESPN has to offer
Old 08-28-2003, 11:37 AM   #18
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Um, no MMan, I aint kidding, WSB 2k3 was the deepest baseball game, with pretty good gameplay, which is Madden. ESPNNFL will probably have the best gameplay, but not have the depth that Madden has. It aint perfect, but it works in some ways. Another comparison is that Madden sells while Sega's doesn't by any means, which is a direct comparison to WSB 2k3 and High Heat.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

If the NASCAR engine was old, but kept coming in first (Madden in sales) would you spend money on a new engine or be content to keep collecting those winners cheques?
Old 08-28-2003, 07:47 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

Limee said:
If the NASCAR engine was old, but kept coming in first (Madden in sales) would you spend money on a new engine or be content to keep collecting those winners cheques?

It's "Checks" bro...

Anyway I won't wait around, If there is no improvement in this engine next year... I am sure there are several people that feel the same way as I.. and yes EA is "rich" enough to have a seperate team work on a new engine for this game..Just as they did when the PS2 came out, and still made a game for the PS1, with the old engine..

These excuses, some of you are giving, are I favor of a MONEY hungry cooporate..Which I really can't even begin to understand why you would even do that, being a fan of Video games and this industry in General..advancement is always beter... Why would you condone this behavior...

Some of you guys need to look at us "The FANS"... or is the wool that is Madden "that thick over your eyes".?
Old 08-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #21
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

ssmith7289 said:
McCoy, read my post before you quote me.

Doh! Meant to quote the original quote. My bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2003, 10:03 PM   #22
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

RahKhem said:
A better comparison, although still not perfect, would be Madden as WSB 2K3, and ESPNNFL as High Heat.

The best video game analogy for Madden/Espn would be Street Fighter III vs. The original Virtua Fighter.

Madden/SFIII:
-Fun, fast-paced flashy gameplay (SF-Fireballs etc../ Madden-Lots of momentum swings and big plays)
-Insanely popular
-Same old gameplay with a couple of new wrinkles
-Gorgeous but cartoony look
-Familiar gameplay/control scheme
-Highly reguarded franchise.

ESPN/Virtua Fighter
-New franchise with different feel and controls
-Realistic graphics/character models
-Realistic gameplay (VF-No magic or Super moves, regular martial arts moves. 2K-Slower, more methodical approach to football)
-Nowhere near as popular
-Cutting edge
-Perfect for those looking for something new.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:11 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

SportsMonger said:
It's "Checks" bro...

It's "cheques" when you're from England. You might want to look at where he's from before critiquing!
Old 08-28-2003, 10:24 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

SportsMonger said:
Anyway I won't wait around, If there is no improvement in this engine next year... I am sure there are several people that feel the same way as I.. and yes EA is "rich" enough to have a seperate team work on a new engine for this game..Just as they did when the PS2 came out, and still made a game for the PS1, with the old engine..

These excuses, some of you are giving, are I favor of a MONEY hungry cooporate..Which I really can't even begin to understand why you would even do that, being a fan of Video games and this industry in General..advancement is always beter... Why would you condone this behavior...

Some of you guys need to look at us "The FANS"... or is the wool that is Madden "that thick over your eyes".?

It's not that easy. I wrote code for a long time so I do have a good background on it. If they were to re-write the entire engine, it would take time. Don't forget that some of these guys also write code for other EA games so time is limited. There isn't a set of X number of guys who only work on Madden. There's many parts and pieces and many people who write those parts and pieces as well as the parts and pieces of MVP and other EA games.

I'm a fan of the game, but I also work in the corporate world so I see the other end. Explain why a company would spend tons of money and manpower to change something that's working? Madden is selling and selling very good so why would EA change that? That doesn't make sense. They're making a large profit and that's the bottom line. They don't care if they lose a few 100 people who are disgruntled. They still own the majority of the football gaming market. Don't forget, EA's a company. They don't care about THE FAN as much as they care about THE BOTTOMLINE $$$$$

The wool's not that thick. In fact it's very clear. It's obvious to me that a company isn't going to totally revamp something that's successful. If Madden bored me then I'd switch to another game. It doesn't so I don't. It's that simple for me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »