Home

Jeremy Strauser leaves EA

This is a discussion on Jeremy Strauser leaves EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #33
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Jeremy Strauser leaves EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Slow crumbling of Tiburon? Perhaps?
Gus Johnson & katie couric have BOTH left CBS within the last month...CBS is not *crumbling*

people come & go everyday

yawn
Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 PM   #34
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
No. Typical Corporate crap. When a guy takes a head role at a new company much like a head coach at a new school or NFL team...they bring their people in.

Same thing going on here. This just opens the door for other young bucks to make their mark at EA.

Nothing to see here IMO. Just the natural progression of the workforce in a company.
Bingo....new heads always bring in their own people with them. Just the typical changing of the guard.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
No. Typical Corporate crap. When a guy takes a head role at a new company much like a head coach at a new school or NFL team...they bring their people in.

Same thing going on here. This just opens the door for other young bucks to make their mark at EA.

Nothing to see here IMO. Just the natural progression of the workforce in a company.
This is absolutely true, but it is kind of fun to observe the overreactions from here

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #36
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Um, No. Here is what will happen, EA will find guys that fit their needs and everything will keep on moving. The problem is that like any Pro Sports team, Talent is great but when people do not mesh then the product is not great. These departures will probably not hurt Madden 12 but Madden 13 could take a hit.

Long term I would not worry about Tiburon.
As long as EA holds the exclusive license, I will always worry about Tiburon lol.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #37
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Well, certain groups of people are getting what they asked for. There have been a lot of name-calling towards the developers of Tiburon for their recent product releases. Not that I'm suggesting people are leaving for this reason, far from it. But, those who griped long and hard for the heads of developers, you may feast.

I'd be lying if I said that I was sad to see anyone from Tiburon leave.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:09 AM   #38
Rookie

Reejer's Arena

OVR: 1

Out of the following folks: The former co-founder of Tiburon (Steve Chiang), Executive Producer (Jeremy Strauser), Electronic Arts COO (John Schappert), and the Creative Director (Ian Cummings). The only one that wasn't a corporate shirt was Ian.

So in my opinion, it's not a big deal that a handfull of Execs have decided to leave. However, it would have been a big deal if Phil, Josh, Donny, Mike, AJ, or any of the other hands-on grinders from the Development Team left.

I personally think that one of the problems in the last five-six years, was the overabundance of Executive control/steering of Madden. I think that the more control that the Development Team has over the final product, and the less micromanagement and dick-dancing from the Execs, the better the outcome will be.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #39
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reejer
Out of the following folks: The former co-founder of Tiburon (Steve Chiang), Executive Producer (Jeremy Strauser), Electronic Arts COO (John Schappert), and the Creative Director (Ian Cummings). The only one that wasn't a corporate shirt was Ian.

So in my opinion, it's not a big deal that a handfull of Execs have decided to leave. However, it would have been a big deal if Phil, Josh, Donny, Mike, AJ, or any of the other hands-on grinders from the Development Team left.

I personally think that one of the problems in the last five-six years, was the overabundance of Executive control/steering of Madden. I think that the more control that the Development Team has over the final product, and the less micromanagement and dick-dancing from the Execs, the better the outcome will be.
Good post. IMO, no one at any job (save the owner of a company) is irreplaceable. I'm sure that if you have a fantastic employee that there will be a transitional period but, one way or another everyone will have to be replaced someday.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #40
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

I liken it to what my job situation is now. In the last year, we've had 3 different store managers. However, it hasn't really effected the core of what we do. We still sell what we've always sold, and the customers really don't know the difference, besides the ones that knew the former managers personally. This is more of a big deal for the people that work there and will have to answer to someone new, which probably won't change how hard they work anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »