Home

Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Preview

Sorry, Chase, I looked for your presentation blog and couldn't find it. Do you mean your responses in the question / answer thread or did you actually write an actual blog?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #74
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Sorry, Chase, I looked for your presentation blog and couldn't find it. Do you mean your responses in the question / answer thread or did you actually write an actual blog?
Well I wrote an earlier Madden 12 preview that's pretty much alllll about presentation. And I assume I probably talked more about it in the QA thread as well. Check the Previews section for the article, and then just search this forum for the first Madden 12 preview -- should be in red.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #75
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Specifically with the Defensive Pre-Play Controls.......

When using the Old Controls

Could you shift your DL Left/Right.....Your DBs Back/Press with the Left Analog Stick???

This was left out of the Madden 11 "Old Controls", They forced you to use the D-Pad for those commands.....and was the major problem everybody had with StratPad........Its much easier to do your Defensive Hot Routing and shifting with the left analog presses

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #76
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
.....Your DBs Back/Press with the Left Analog Stick???
I meant to ask about this. Chase, can you explain how pressing CBs individually works? Is it quick & seemless? Will I be able to press one CB, back the other off & bring the SS in the box without fear of being quick snapped?

And actually, is there a separate control for bringing the SS in the box?
Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #77
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Chase,

The thing I hate with Madden, is when I aim my passes, sometimes
they are no where near where I was aiming, and my receiver adjusts
and catches it. Did you notice any of that?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Question Chase...

Are DBs able to grab sideline or back of the endzone INTs and do the have an animation for toe tapping catches for the secondary by the sideline? If you notice on the last few Maddens DBs never pick off interceptions around 3 yards from the sideline or the back of the endzone. I was wondering if that animation got throwed in for the the secondary.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 28
Yeah, this just made it sound like this game is still not going to be very good. I just wonder what they work on. It sounds like all of the major problems are still there minus a few tune ups.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Yeah, this just made it sound like this game is still not going to be very good. I just wonder what they work on. It sounds like all of the major problems are still there minus a few tune ups.
No offense to those involved, but I came away from the review with a similar feeling that there wasn't that much to be really excited about. It's nice that some run plays showed potential improvements to run blocking, but the lack of clarity on why the 34 LBs seemed more active, exactly how the OL/DL interacted on pass plays, and what exactly made the CPU defenders better at zone leaves something to be desired.

It's not like they have limitless time and resources, but from a PR perspective, it probably would have been better to preview very specific parts of the the game like the run game, the pocket, coverage, etc, and let Chase look at focused issues over a little longer time. That way there'd be some real specific info about exactly what is the same and what is different gemeplay wise.

Right now, the small sample size and gestalt approach seems to have produced a neutral effect. I'd love a preview of the new defensive schemes that tells how you can use new controls to combat favored sets and routes, how shading works, all that stuff. That would be more useful I think.

On the one issue that seemed to stand out as positive, did you sense, Chase, that there was a particular reason attribute wise that your players could hold their blocks longer, or did it seem like a global improvement?

I played with TEN a lot, and their RG is an 82 OVR but gets tossed at the LOS every dang play lol and it was so frustrating. This happens a lot I notice with average lineman, almost like there's no middle ground between not blocking a guy and blocking a guy. You either get great drive and a pancake or a quick whip and toss animation. With what you say, it sounds like there was more gray area where guys made longer blocks generally. Is that accurate?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »