Home

Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #33
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsGiants
Chase when replying to questions here can you edit your original post with them? Make it easier to follow
You mean just update the original post at the start of this thread? Sure, I can do that.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #34
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Enjoyed reading the preview Chase. Nice job.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #35
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
Block FG's & Punts don't happen often...
Punts aren't hard to block when you're playing the CPU. Both with Offense and Special teams, they need to start making the CPU hard counting and running clock before snaps, cause it's too easy to time a blitz and jump punts the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #36
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4
Good read Chase. Now that you have seen both NCAA and Madden, at this early stage, which game do you think looks more promising? I'm only planning to purchase one, and I really enjoyed NCAA 11 but Madden looks promising so far.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Things like this really irk me and I’m not sure what it will take for Tiburon to understand that the game can have 10 billion polygons for every player, but it will still look like an 8bit arcade game if cartoony animations and weird interruptions are allowed. They need to decide if the game is really supposed to be a sim or if it is still an arcade tourney game. Add the realistic transition animations that this series desperately needs. People need to understand that it’s ok if the QB has to actually slow down, stop, turn, balance himself, set his feet, and then throw, when he was running away from the intended target, and not have it just spin and fire in a millisecond, because they can’t stand to be out of control for even a second.
Exactly LT!.. Madden is supposed to be the game for those who want a life-like representation of NFL football. So why do the people who want that get pushed aside for the people that want to do spin throws? Tell the people who get mad that there are still a few NFL streets left. Its the game for them. Not only can they do a spin throw, but they can run off a wall while there at it! Geeez.

The little things matter. . what are the little things you say?. . . Idk. . surprise me ;-)

Sincerely,
Goodygoody
Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 9
im waiting a while before buying this.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #39
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Feel free to use this area to conduct some hot and heavy Q&A about gameplay -- or just to tell me how bad or awesome the preview is.

(However, I am about to go out for a run, but will be home later tonight to answer stuff.)
Really enjoyed the preview Chase and I appreciate how real you seem to keep it in your write ups.

My question is in reference to this sentence in your write up: "The game has to allow you to run backwards and throw the ball across the field; otherwise some gamers would be upset."

Are you actually saying that the EA football developers admit to sacrificing basic FOOTBALL realism to avoid upsetting FOOTBALL gamers? I don't expect them to create a game so true to real life that it can only best be played in a VR suit and helmet but not representing the risk/reward of simple passing technique because of potential complaints, doesn't make sense to me. That's like making a simulation basketball game where half court alley oop dunks can be done successfully all game because that's what gamers are accustom to in NBA Jam.

I am excitedly optimistic about Madden 12 and was pretty sure EA football was headed in the right direction with what you said about Dynamic Player Performance in another article. However, this sentence makes me cringe at the thought of my perceived EA football POV in the years following the QB Vision feature, still lingering.

I hope this mindset is just some of the last dwindling affects of Madden's past and will no longer apply when developing Madden 13 like they seem to have done with other past mindsets in Madden 12.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 16

Are there more different types of penalties this year? Are the challenges different, where we can pick what we want to challenge? Also, did you ever see the ball go through a body. This is one of the most frustrating things in madden, and why swatting sometimes didn't work, because the ball would go through your player's hands. Great read btw!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »