Home

Does this game make you angry?

This is a discussion on Does this game make you angry? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2003, 09:38 PM   #25
Rookie

wsh2293's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Does this game make you angry?

Yes this game pisses me off to no end, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I just recorded my first shutout on All-Madden and here's my advice on how to deal with the BS comeback AI. Once you get up comfortably, just run the ball and milk the clock. Against the Bengals (yes the Bengals made the playoffs in my franchise) I held the ball for the first five and a half minutes out of seven minutes in the fourth quarter. That way the CPU could only make one BS drive.

So I guess in this case the best defense is a good offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2003, 03:15 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 19

Yes this game makes me angry sometimes....

I just played the Washington Redskins... Rob Johnson passed for over 500 friggin yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even doubled every WR and used defensive plays that use 6-7 players to cover the recievers....

But before these type of games... I played realistic games, like when I played a team (forgot who at the moment) with a score of 17-7... I just don't get it! Maybe I should just stop complaining and practice my D.... What else? Oh yeah...
Old 08-30-2003, 10:39 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 14

I'll add to the fray. Yeah this game used to make me so mad I'd meltdown. This is the only game that has done this in my entire 20+ years of playing video games.

So, 2 PS2's, 3 controllers, 3 Madden 2002 CDs, 2 Madden 2003 CDs, and an ER visit later, I've learned to control my anger with this game. The key solution:

Play on All-Pro mode (with sliders) instead of All-Madden against the CPU. It makes a world of a difference.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:20 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

This game is named perfectly as it is Madden ing
Old 08-31-2003, 11:59 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Krioniq said:
Quote:

deez said:
yeah madden bugs me and my buddy (on same team) when we play our franchise games. Some things are just so frustrating it makes me hate the game.

That is the thing about Madden...it can be incredible one min and suck *** the next.

My biggest beef with Madden this year is the pathetic punt return blocking. Only have 4 returns in a combined 4 games...and that is only because I used a punt block formation. Any normal punt return formation results in the defenders being around our returner BEFORE the ball gets there EVERY SINGLE TIME. Ugh. Also, the pass defense this year doesn't seem all that good...I don't give up a lot of yards but just the way the pass yards are given up is silly and so unrealistic.

It is almost like two diff groups of programmers do the game (one good, one lakcing skills/logic) and they throw each group's product together and we are left with Madden.

Whatever the case, IMO NCAA2004 beats Madden down with a bag of nickels.

Some advice......

on denfese try using the plays madden recommends. We started doing this 2 games ago (we are 4 games into season 1) and have been dominating on D. last game we had 8 picks and only gave up 7 completions on 30 attempts for about 70 yards. hahaha. I figure what Madden says gives an advantage since it is the AI choosing the play for you to....stop the AI.

About punt return blocking...

I find that (on all-pro difficulty) if you bump up the CPU punt length slider +2 from default, you have more success in returning a punt for some yardage.

Yeah I agree. I upped CPU Punt Length and choose either right/left return. If I call left return and they punt it that way, I have to fair catch it. If not, I can usually return it for good yardage. It's not the AI, it's the user. Things aren't as easy as they used to be in Madden. You just have to figure out a way around it.

PS - For those that have broken controllers, PS2's etc... It's a video game!!!!! Anger management might be something to seriously consider...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »