Home

Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

This is a discussion on Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Bad Move to scrap Extra Point/Halftime Show

im ok for them to take it out of the game why have extra point in the game
if its crap and they trying do so much this year i say work on halftime show next year even i wish they have a half time show like 2k5 did why have one when the half time show just isnt there so scrap it till next year with the franchise with extended roster i rather have extended roster then 55 man roster and a half time show
Old 05-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

They've had SIX YEARS on this generation of consoles. I don't understand how they did a radio show last generation and 2K5 is still the high point in presentation when they've had SIX YEARS to do something. I just don't understand what their problem is with that. I think they do some really good work in the art department, but this Madden should be a huge turn-around, and from the early playthrough reports, it's sounding like a slightly improved version of Madden 11. I haven't made any final judgments yet, and I'm hoping they've implemented SOMETHING to make Franchise Mode feel important, but I guess we won't know til Monday.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

The extra point was a waste of time IMO. Loading times were too long and it only showed clips from my game. I would rather it not even be there if its not going to be complete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
They've had SIX YEARS on this generation of consoles. I don't understand how they did a radio show last generation and 2K5 is still the high point in presentation when they've had SIX YEARS to do something. I just don't understand what their problem is with that. I think they do some really good work in the art department, but this Madden should be a huge turn-around, and from the early playthrough reports, it's sounding like a slightly improved version of Madden 11. I haven't made any final judgments yet, and I'm hoping they've implemented SOMETHING to make Franchise Mode feel important, but I guess we won't know til Monday.
It's been 7 games, so 7 years now actually.

I expect certain people to always spin a bright side like clockwork, but for realists there isn't one unless you count hope with no reason to hope other than hope itself, as a bright side. No halftime/post game don't mean the game is going to be bad, but I don't wanna to hear excuses anymore after 7 years for why it's not in there. I don't wanna hear it from the dev team, and I don't wanna hear it from the endless hope committee. Those excuses are unacceptable, and at this point, bush league.

Do people realize how big the Madden Team is compared to other development teams? Not only do I wonder why they've always needed so many people where other football developers didn't (and that's going back generations now), but I also wonder how better quality sports games in general have been made consistently over the last decade with teams half their size or less and with lesser resources? What's wrong with that picture?

You can pick out so many things from other games that Madden doesn't do as well as, but when you're that large and you've had that much time to develop, no one should be able to do anything better than you. You should be the best bar none. They can't even be considered the trendsetter anymore and they haven't been for a long time, because if top titles like NBA 2K, MLB The Show or FIFA tried to emulate the quality of Madden, those games would be taking a big step down in quality.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Think about it guys 7 years now that madden has been out for the next-gen games 7 years. And Even now the presentation on the ps2 madden beats this.

I cant point it out more they claimed everything you see on Sunday is in the game NOT where is the halftime show where is the post game show they are failing all the real franchise players every years and only giving excuses with no data, but uniform fixes and shade this and shade that.

someone help me to understand why so much failure even with the giving time they have taken!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

I agree that it's a bad move. I don't see what the harm is in leaving it in the game. I'd rather having something, even if it's not great, than nothing.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #15
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez859
EA makes another Bad move for the madden franchise I think because halftime and weekly Extra Point Presentation was something i think many of use were expecting to get a huge boost after 3 years

BUT WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I can definitely see your point, however my major issues are Offline Franchise first. If they do an amazing job on franchise I can cut them some slack this season. However franchise better be game tight this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #16
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
I agree that it's a bad move. I don't see what the harm is in leaving it in the game. I'd rather having something, even if it's not great, than nothing.
I can't agree here, man. I'm not going to make excuses for the team because obviously there should be something good with this feature by now, but the fact is there isn't. So instead of leaving in a half-finished product they decided to take it out to hopefully polish it and reintroduce it later. Maybe its just personal preference but I'd rather have them remove it altogether than have it be the same unimproved feature we've already seen. In my book, if you're not going to do it right don't do it at all, which seems to be what they're doing this year (but hopefully not forever).
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »