Home

Online Franchise

This is a discussion on Online Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Online Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I wish we could just get a YES or NO on whether there were any changes/updates to Online Franchise. If the answer is NO I can just simply move on out of the Madden Forums and save myself from wasting anymore time in here, save my $60 again this year and start making plans with my friends for NCAA12. I don't need any details yet just Yes or No on changes/fixes/updates ?

Same here. No Online Franchise improvements= no purchase for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25

You will find out when they release the info to the public in July
Old 05-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #27
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I think you are misunderstanding what people mean by "online only" franchise. What I meant was like NCAA's dynasty mode which is only one mode that you can utilize online or offline. That's what Madden franchise should be, one mode that can be played either offline or online, multi-user or solo. Not 2 entirely separate modes.

Hope that clears it up.
Yeah...thats clearer. But when you say "online only" it tends to lead the reader in another direction.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I think you are misunderstanding what people mean by "online only" franchise. What I meant was like NCAA's dynasty mode which is only one mode that you can utilize online or offline. That's what Madden franchise should be, one mode that can be played either offline or online, multi-user or solo. Not 2 entirely separate modes.

Hope that clears it up.
Quote:
Then when you factor in the fact that NCAA ALREADY DOES THIS, with its' dynasty mode, it becomes even more frustrating. Like CHooe stated, hopefully EA has back tracked on the sever side approach for Madden online franchise and adopted what they have been using for NCAA Dynasty or least found a way to blend the two approaches.
I am a huge NFL fan but have been stuck with NCAA because they have the best online franchise/dynasty. Two things from the above comments are incorrect. The online dynasty and offline dynasty in NCAA has been two separate modes. For the most part they are the same feature by feature. There are a couple of feature left out of the online dynasty. The main one off the top of my head is conference invites.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28

Playing in an online franchise with good, reliable players is so much fun that words can't describe it here. There is nothing like managing your team and competing against a human. The camaraderie in the league is also great fun. Playing the cpu is ok, but it's boring after a short while, even if the mode is good. I'm really more interested in playing an online franchise. They need to really merge the modes so that they don't need to make code changes in two places when they add/change features. Now the folks who run leagues (like myself) have to wait yet another year. They would have higher usage rates for OF if they actually completed it. The design of it as it is is no online franchise. It's simply online multiplayer. There are no pieces of it that allow it to be called "Online Franchise". There is no trade logic, salary management or team management aspects included whatsoever, so the amount of work you have to do as a commissioner is insane. Hours upon hours a week. It's a huge pain in the ***. Do not release a feature like this until it's actually complete and usable.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 12

[quote=tazdevil20;2042403672]Playing in an online franchise with good, reliable players is so much fun that words can't describe it here. There is nothing like managing your team and competing against a human. The camaraderie in the league is also great fun. Playing the cpu is ok, but it's boring after a short while, even if the mode is good. I'm really more interested in playing an online franchise. They need to really merge the modes so that they don't need to make code changes in two places when they add/change features. Now the folks who run leagues (like myself) have to wait yet another year. They would have higher usage rates for OF if they actually completed it. The design of it as it is is no online franchise. It's simply online multiplayer. There are no pieces of it that allow it to be called "Online Franchise". There is no trade logic, salary management or team management aspects included whatsoever, so the amount of work you have to do as a commissioner is insane. Hours upon hours a week. It's a huge pain in the ***. Do not release a feature like this until it's actually complete and usable.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree ! Not only did they release an unfinished mode but they hyped it at E3 as a major addition. Then for 4 months they led me to believe it would be fixed via the famous server side patches. . Then nothing last year so now I wonder what they have done for 12.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 28

[quote=TDKing;2042405970]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Playing in an online franchise with good, reliable players is so much fun that words can't describe it here. There is nothing like managing your team and competing against a human. The camaraderie in the league is also great fun. Playing the cpu is ok, but it's boring after a short while, even if the mode is good. I'm really more interested in playing an online franchise. They need to really merge the modes so that they don't need to make code changes in two places when they add/change features. Now the folks who run leagues (like myself) have to wait yet another year. They would have higher usage rates for OF if they actually completed it. The design of it as it is is no online franchise. It's simply online multiplayer. There are no pieces of it that allow it to be called "Online Franchise". There is no trade logic, salary management or team management aspects included whatsoever, so the amount of work you have to do as a commissioner is insane. Hours upon hours a week. It's a huge pain in the ***. Do not release a feature like this until it's actually complete and usable.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree ! Not only did they release an unfinished mode but they hyped it at E3 as a major addition. Then for 4 months they led me to believe it would be fixed via the famous server side patches. . Then nothing last year so now I wonder what they have done for 12.
I don't think there will be any additions to online franchise. Based on what I have been hearing, they didn't add anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I wish we could just get a YES or NO on whether there were any changes/updates to Online Franchise. If the answer is NO I can just simply move on out of the Madden Forums and save myself from wasting anymore time in here, save my $60 again this year and start making plans with my friends for NCAA12. I don't need any details yet just Yes or No on changes/fixes/updates ?

Same here brother. My crew is also eagerly awaiting the same information so we can decide if we must go with NCAA again or if we can finally get back to the pro level with Madden 12. But only if as you said they made the proper chacnges.

I also wish NBA 2k would do online assocition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »