Home

Computer Wide Receivers STILL Don't Come Back For The Ball?

This is a discussion on Computer Wide Receivers STILL Don't Come Back For The Ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #1
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Computer Wide Receivers STILL Don't Come Back For The Ball?

Taking a look at some of the screens, one of the things that has disappointed me is that it seems like wide receivers still aren't smart enough to come back for a ball that a defensive back seems to have a perfect play on.

Sure, people who user catch can come back for the ball, but what about those people who aren't too good at that or get stuck with a wide receiver that comes to a dead stop, waits a second and then turns around by the time it's too late to make the catch?

Disappointing. Not enough to not make me buy the game, but disappointing none the less.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Computer Wide Receivers STILL Don't Come Back For The Ball?

I don't see how u can make this claim from this screen shot, so many different factors could be playing into this play from the looks of it
Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Maybe the safety jumped the route and the WR didn't see him lol. and the WR on the route sucks. But I doubt you can strafe with the WR still, or comeback naturally.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Taking a look at some of the screens, one of the things that has disappointed me is that it seems like wide receivers still aren't smart enough to come back for a ball that a defensive back seems to have a perfect play on.

Sure, people who user catch can come back for the ball, but what about those people who aren't too good at that or get stuck with a wide receiver that comes to a dead stop, waits a second and then turns around by the time it's too late to make the catch?

Disappointing. Not enough to not make me buy the game, but disappointing none the less.

if u have enough time they do start runing back to u but u need like 5-8 sec or use the playmaker to tell ur wr to come back or of course user catch it urself if u not good at it keep trying till u get good at it

i never use the play makers i think its like left triger and the right thumb stick for xbox im pro one the best qb out there hardly ever get pick off by the cpu or online but hope some this stuff help u out

and the best part if u know what they in man or zone before u hike it gives u a big advantage to knowing who going be open before u even snap the ball

and im sure all the stuff will be in the madden 12

Last edited by poisedjase; 05-16-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #5
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

I definitely hear your gripe because its something that's bugged me about CPU WRs for a while now, but I don't think its fair to use a screenshot to illustrate that they haven't fixed this. If I see some gameplay footage in a month or 2, or play the demo and it hasn't been addressed then we can talk.
Red Sox

Twitter: @mburke2_08
PSN: mburke2_08
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
43M
Banned

OVR: 0

IMO, they should make a rating of that in Madden 13, or at least have awareness play apart in it, because there are alot of receivers in this league (even good ones) who wont come back for the ball.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob

IMO, whats disappointing is the number of people who COULD click-on and come back for the ball MANUALLY - but don't or won't for whatever reason. How anyone would want to 'play' a game without actually playing is beyond me, but guys who want to watch the game play itself are everywhere...

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »