Home

Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Details, Start With Overall 60 Rating, New Attributes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Details, Start With Overall 60 Rating, New Attributes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode Details, Start With Overall 60 Rating, New Attributes

IGN has posted details on Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode with a Franchise Mode article coming tomorrow.

Check out some of the new Madden NFL 12 Superstar Mode screenshots, right here.

Quote:
"Practices now have a purpose because of the new experience points system. Each practice session gives you ten plays to rack up points. Using an improved version of Gameflow, Madden's computer-controlled play-calling option, you run through random plays you might see on game day. The better you perform, the more points you earn. And those points in turn are spent to improve your player. There are no silly focused sessions to improve specific abilities. It's simple and it should open up considerably more freedom in Superstar mode. As a result, Tiburon's hope is that no two Superstars will be the same.

To that end, there's more to your player than just his attributes. New this year are traits and tendencies, which you set to determine the mental aspects of your player. After all, two linebackers might have a high tackle rating, but one could always play it safe and wrap up the ball carrier while the other always wants to put a little hurt into the opponent."
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 12 Superstar Mode IGN

great find.
I cant wait to read
Old 05-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Really looking forward to this mode it's seems they have made some good improvements
Old 05-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I now know that Cowboys RB Lonyae Miller is an OVR 57. EDIT: this is quite obviously not using a final roster as Cowboys rookie RB Demarco Murray isn't present.

I might actually touch Superstar mode this year, based on the information from this article.

Quote:
Also helping to separate players with similar ratings is the reborn player roles, which some might remember from last generation's Madden. There are more than 20 roles, most of which are earned by your play on the field. These set who you are within your organization. You could be a wily veteran "mentor," for example, who helps a rookie improve during the season. Come back to IGN on Friday for a whole lot more on player roles and how they reshape Franchise mode.
Promising.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 05-12-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

That still looks pretty bare-bones. Happy that Franchise Mode will be discussed tomorrow, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

The article makes it seems like the mode will be great. I like that they are Making it similar to NBA 2k. I am glad that you start off as a 60 ovr. They didnt really talkabout RTG getting transfered. Guess got to wait till next week
I am anxious to hear more about it. And seeing that they will talk about Franchise tomorow makes it a great day.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

From the screenshots section. Two observations:
  1. Has Madden always had this many jaggies, or is this a product of an unfinished game? I don't recall Madden 10 or Madden 11 have nearly as prominent an issue with jaggies.
  2. I do like the pose of Romo in this picture as he's preparing to throw the ball. Looks natural and convincing. Hopefully it looks just as good in motion.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #8
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Sounds like 2k's Myplayer mode, and that is a GOOD thing, i still play MyPlayer til this day, its the only offline gaming i do.

Madden is on the right track, now they needa go crazy with sig running styles, passing styles, catching styles, scrambling styles, celebrations, etc.

That will make every NFL player different, not just traits and roles. To this day i have yet to see a MyPlayer character on NBA 2k have the same moves as me individually, thts the best part you feel unique.

Lastly to take this over the top, they need an online mode asociated with it, like pick up football games with all created characters, tht would be nasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »