Home

Robert You Watch

This is a discussion on Robert You Watch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Robert You Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i don't know what this thread is about, exactly. but if i had to guess the topic, i would conclude that most of you don't have a soul.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #26
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
As does Terrell Davis, Brett Favre, Rod Smith, etc...

It happens.

You never heard of Brett Favre coming out of college?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
You never heard of Brett Favre coming out of college?

Good point thought...He was a #1 pickof the falcons I think and then traded to Green Bay. Roger Staubach comes to mind. Although he was a heisman winner (or close to it) he was in the military for some godawful amount of time (no offense to our brave soldiers, just that he missed most of the prime of his career and STILL made the hall of fame - although his service is probably more important). By the time he came into the league he was Craig Morton's back up. I wonder how many people had forgotten who he was or not realized he was even in the league for a while.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #28
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Good point thought...He was a #1 pickof the falcons I think and then traded to Green Bay. Roger Staubach comes to mind. Although he was a heisman winner (or close to it) he was in the military for some godawful amount of time (no offense to our brave soldiers, just that he missed most of the prime of his career and STILL made the hall of fame - although his service is probably more important). By the time he came into the league he was Craig Morton's back up. I wonder how many people had forgotten who he was or not realized he was even in the league for a while.

Favre was a high 2nd rounder. 33rd to be exact, but still pretty highly touted, and definitely not someone out of left field by any stretch.

I'm a big college fan, but I'd be lying if I said I know everyone. However, if you are even a decent college fan, I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't at least know like the top 6 or 7 QB prospects. No one who has a cannon for an arm and prototypical QB size, is going to go under the radar, ever. Not even stiffs like Jim Drunkenmiller.

Maybe he isn't a college fan though, but I just found it weird that Favre would be on his list.

Staubach isn't a good example either. Everyone knew who he was. Not just because he was a tremendous college player, but the whole issue surrounding his service vs his NFL career, was big news. He didn't sneak up on anybody.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #29
Banned

Cre8's Arena

Would it be too much for EA to make a 400 MS Point DLC that was called "Make A Wish Roster" where all or some proceeds went to cancer treatment?

Not trying to be insensitive to the chemo-kids (although it seems unavoidable for me to do so...) but I don't want some 8 year old to automatically be in the free agent pool for my Browns franchise at the start. If it is that important, make these kids into the Draft Classes and no one will care... in fact, THAT would be sweet!

I WOULD however, consider downloading a larger pool of free agents via DLC if the money (or part of it) went to for juvenile cancer research.

Last edited by Cre8; 05-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #30
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I got the game on release day last year and started my franchise 2 or 3 days later and I knew about him. Just like Joe Walsh & Shagg Makino the year before. It only takes a minute or two to edit their rating's so it's not a big deal.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-13-2011, 11:33 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Would it be too much for EA to make a 400 MS Point DLC that was called "Make A Wish Roster" where all or some proceeds went to cancer treatment?

Not trying to be insensitive to the chemo-kids (although it seems unavoidable for me to do so...) but I don't want some 8 year old to automatically be in the free agent pool for my Browns franchise at the start. If it is that important, make these kids into the Draft Classes and no one will care... in fact, THAT would be sweet!

I WOULD however, consider downloading a larger pool of free agents via DLC if the money (or part of it) went to for juvenile cancer research.
ya I agree, I would probaly be willing to spend some money towards something like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #32
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Interesting. I had been wondering about that. He is the starting QB for the Cardinals in my franchise.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »