Home

OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

What does Madden NFL 12 need to do to make you a believer in Franchise Mode?

Dustin Toms:
There can only be one thing done to Franchise mode to make it better: a complete overhaul.

Steve Bartlett: I agree with Dustin. The Madden Franchise mode needs a complete overhaul.

Jayson Young: Get rid of the potential rating!

Christian McLeod: I'm going to think outside of the box here, but why not implement a comprehensive "Owner Mode" that mimics the framework of MVP Baseball 05.

Read More - OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?

For me they just have to redo the whole thing. I must admit madden franchise has been the top franchise in the sports gaming world. However it is also a feature that hasnt been touched on enough. heres my list:

75 Man Rosters: looks like its in so im happy

Fully Functioning IR: When you place a guy on IR, they shouldnt take a spot on your active roster

Redone Scouting System: mabey throw in some highlights of guys, but also some tape of their struggles

Random Generated draft classes: no more pre done draft classes, I use ncaa classes until 2 or 3 years in to franchise, but the pre done draft classes just annoy me.

Redone Free Agency System: It sounds like theyve redone it to an extent this year. A better bidding system for prospects, not like the one in hc but something to that extent.

Practice Squad: I dont know how simple this would be to implement in the game, I dont know if it was in past games, but this is a must have for any football game. A full 8 man squad is needed.

UFL/CFL: Sorta like minor league teams, I dought it will be in this year, but we know ea's been able to get different country teams for nhl before, im sure they could do it for the nfl. This could be the "big" feature next year, and could make a big difference.

Hide Roster Ratings until regular season: Make preseason games important, their pointless right now because your not basing your 53 man roster on them, but on ratings. Mabey it changes with 75 man roster and me and many others decide to start playing preseason games. If they just hid roster ratings then you could determine it prospect my prospect.

Stadium Creator/Better Relocation: Allow you to build a new stadium without having to relocate. Allow you to relocate without having to change your team name or logo.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Franchise Mode should be all about the offseason. The decisions you make when you're not playing the games. Draft, Free agency, training camp. It should even be called GM Mode.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

What does Madden NFL 12 need to do to make you a believer in Franchise Mode?

Dustin Toms: There can only be one thing done to Franchise mode to make it better: a complete overhaul.

Steve Bartlett: I agree with Dustin. The Madden Franchise mode needs a complete overhaul.

Jayson Young: Get rid of the potential rating!

Christian McLeod: I'm going to think outside of the box here, but why not implement a comprehensive "Owner Mode" that mimics the framework of MVP Baseball 05.

Read More - OS Roundtable: What Does Franchise Mode Need?
I would agree with Christian Mcleod on the Owner mode. I really would like to see it back in. It ain't been in since Madden 07 Ps2 days. Plus I would love to see a much better and up to date IR aswell.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

• dynamic player progression
• daily training and work regimens
• good cpu trade logic
• full owners mode to control the franchises economy in generating more cap revenue
• coaching impact on ratings (means feeling the affects on ratings based off how good your off/def coordinator is during weekly preparation).

would be a good start...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

For the love of God... Just take the same approach as they did with 'everything you see on Sunday'....

In real life there is no off-season in NFL football. We read about about it year round....

Free Agency, Hold Outs, Suspensions, Motivation, Coaching Changes Mid-Season. Drama between players...etc etc etc.

Overhaul doesn't begin to cover it.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsports
For me they just have to redo the whole thing. I must admit madden franchise has been the top franchise in the sports gaming world. However it is also a feature that hasnt been touched on enough. heres my list:

75 Man Rosters: looks like its in so im happy

Fully Functioning IR: When you place a guy on IR, they shouldnt take a spot on your active roster

Redone Scouting System: mabey throw in some highlights of guys, but also some tape of their struggles

Random Generated draft classes: no more pre done draft classes, I use ncaa classes until 2 or 3 years in to franchise, but the pre done draft classes just annoy me.

Redone Free Agency System: It sounds like theyve redone it to an extent this year. A better bidding system for prospects, not like the one in hc but something to that extent.

Practice Squad: I dont know how simple this would be to implement in the game, I dont know if it was in past games, but this is a must have for any football game. A full 8 man squad is needed.

UFL/CFL: Sorta like minor league teams, I dought it will be in this year, but we know ea's been able to get different country teams for nhl before, im sure they could do it for the nfl. This could be the "big" feature next year, and could make a big difference.

Hide Roster Ratings until regular season: Make preseason games important, their pointless right now because your not basing your 53 man roster on them, but on ratings. Mabey it changes with 75 man roster and me and many others decide to start playing preseason games. If they just hid roster ratings then you could determine it prospect my prospect.

Stadium Creator/Better Relocation: Allow you to build a new stadium without having to relocate. Allow you to relocate without having to change your team name or logo.
I like all of this except the UFL/CFL stuff. These two leagues are not currently associated with the NFL, so they can't be considered as minor leagues. The guys from the UFL/CFL only get picked up as FA. Not to mention they must sign contracts with those teams so they can't just bolt for the NFL whenever they want.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Most important thing is a new layout. Its amazing what just a new layout can do to the feel of a game. From there they need to make the offseason/draft/training more important. They really need to figure out a way to work with the NCAA guys to better improve the draft somehow in terms of progression, hit & miss players, sleepers, overrated combine freaks vs game players, etc. Its hard for me to comment too much on the franchise mode because i didnt buy the game last year but they also need the financial aspect we see from MLB the Show along with the marketing. I love that MLB the Show has things like buying/fixing the field& training facilities, adding seats, controlling concessions, promotional days, marketing for teams & individuals through the different outlets, and all the other things MLB the Show puts in their mode.

As an owner the finances are important so you need to generate as much income while keeping the fans happy and putting out a quality product. Then for the coach its gameplanning. You should get scouting reports on teams, be able to develop a gameplan through different practice or skill challenges during the week. Then of course the players and actual game.

I really liked when they had the radio show because it felt like it does in between games. In between games people listen to talk radio during the week to discuss the NFL and i got that feeling when they put it in the video game. They should bring that back, use some ESPN analysts or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »