Home

Salary Cap on Madden 2012.

This is a discussion on Salary Cap on Madden 2012. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Salary Cap on Madden 2012.

Well since this year they are focusing a bit on franchise, i HOPE THEY FIX THE SALARY CAP.
There are way too much room on the salary cap to sign players and stuff.

IRL Teams cut star players to make room.. in Madden there are no need to do that.

Hardcore gamers have to make houserules to counter the borken salary cap.

At least they should give you an option on the salary cap... instead of On or Off make Casual, normal or Hardcore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Salary Cap on Madden 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Well since this year they are focusing a bit on franchise, i HOPE THEY FIX THE SALARY CAP.
There are way too much room on the salary cap to sign players and stuff.

IRL Teams cut star players to make room.. in Madden there are no need to do that.

Hardcore gamers have to make houserules to counter the borken salary cap.

At least they should give you an option on the salary cap... instead of On or Off make Casual, normal or Hardcore.
That was done last year because of the uncapped season. I'm retuning it right now.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
That was done last year because of the uncapped season. I'm retuning it right now.
Ye ask and ye shall receive, apparently.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

First thing they need to do is fix cap penalties. If you a cut a player before June 1st all of the cap penalty counts that year. If you do it after June 1st then half of the penalties are in that year and the other half the next year. And the NFL recently altered the rule so you can designate someone a June 1st release but release them before June 1st.

And you should be able to front load contracts. For example if a team has a ton of cap room they will use guaranteed base salaries early in the contract instead of a huge signing bonus.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm retuning it right now.
Lovin' this answer!!! Keep it up...please!!!

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
First thing they need to do is fix cap penalties. If you a cut a player before June 1st all of the cap penalty counts that year. If you do it after June 1st then half of the penalties are in that year and the other half the next year. And the NFL recently altered the rule so you can designate someone a June 1st release but release them before June 1st.
Speaking on Madden 11 here, and I'll elaborate on 12 after Monday's info release; We have this in a simplified form. Basically, advancing from off-season to pre-season is your June 1st cutoff. Unfortunately, we have it going by a previous acceleration rule that the NFL has since changed where the entire signing bonus is accelerated to the following year where as now, you are correct, it accelerates it to be prorated over the current and following season.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12
And you should be able to front load contracts. For example if a team has a ton of cap room they will use guaranteed base salaries early in the contract instead of a huge signing bonus.
Yeah this is what I want, the ability to control each year of the deal. Not every contract is escalating, I want the option to front load, steady salary, and even roster bonuses that guarantee money at the beginning of a year where I have to make decisions if I want to cut ties..
Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeahawkNMD
Yeah this is what I want, the ability to control each year of the deal. Not every contract is escalating, I want the option to front load, steady salary, and even roster bonuses that guarantee money at the beginning of a year where I have to make decisions if I want to cut ties..
It is illegal for a base salary to be reduced from one year of a contract to the next. CBA rule. The various contract forms in 2k5 were mostly illegal.

There are situations where the cap figure can go down. For instance, if player is signed to an extention, the previous signing bonus is counted against the cap normally and increased by the next contract's signing bonus.

For instance, if a player has 2 years left on a 4 year contract that had a $1m signing bonus and signs a 4 year extension with another $1m bonus, his next 4 years of prorated bonus against the cap looks like this...

Y1- $500,000
Y2- $500,000
Y3- $250,000
Y4- $250,000

Additionally, if a player has an LTBE incentive one year but does not achieve it, it becomes an NLTBE incentive and is thus not counted against that year's cap.

So a cap figure can be reduced due to circumstance, but a player's base salary cannot go down from one year to the next unless a new contract is signed.

-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 05-14-2011 at 07:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »