Home

Madden makers take a page from Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on Madden makers take a page from Fight Night Champion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Madden makers take a page from Fight Night Champion

If you not played Fight Night Champion, you need to & the madden guys take a page from its Career Mode, the way the story is told and the way they use ESPN, its would be awesome to see Madden pre-game & half time show done like Fight Night Champion!!!!!!!!! looks 10 times better than 2k5 back in the day........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden makers take a page from Fight Night Champion

Half time show for madden 12 has been taken out for this year and ESPN will never be used in Madden. Mainly because if ESPN was used in Madden then the NFL Network would start complaining that they was never been used in the game. So EA just decided not to use neither brand names in Madden. But it would be nice if they would use ESPN in the game and all. I'm hoping next year the Halftime show and the Extra point show will return in better shape then it has been in the past few years.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Ummm Fight Night Champions took their career mode and story from another boxing game... Nevertheless Fight Night Champions career mode wasn't anything special at all.

And I don't know where you get pre-game and halftime show like Fight Night Champion from either.........

Pre-fight and post fight in Fight Night Champion was no different then it was in the past 3 or 4 fight nights.....
Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Half time show for madden 12 has been taken out for this year and ESPN will never be used in Madden. Mainly because if ESPN was used in Madden then the NFL Network would start complaining that they was never been used in the game. So EA just decided not to use neither brand names in Madden. But it would be nice if they would use ESPN in the game and all. I'm hoping next year the Halftime show and the Extra point show will return in better shape then it has been in the past few years.
The Legend Killer is right.

Fox, CBS, NBC, and NFL Network are all partners of the NFL. And since there's only ONE NFL game nobody wants the other guy to look like they're any more "priority" than the others.

Thats why I wish we had custom music. I wanna start off my NFL games with Fox NFL Sunday music playing in the background so bad I can taste it.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
43M
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
The Legend Killer is right.

Fox, CBS, NBC, and NFL Network are all partners of the NFL. And since there's only ONE NFL game nobody wants the other guy to look like they're any more "priority" than the others.

Thats why I wish we had custom music. I wanna start off my NFL games with Fox NFL Sunday music playing in the background so bad I can taste it.
I know...I love Foxs NFL music...it was in Madden a long time ago.

They dont have to be presented from one of those networks, but they definitely need to use some of the personalities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
That may be why they're not using ESPN. But that's certainly not the reason why they took out the half-time show all together in Madden (at least based on Chase's analysis with the early build). There is no excuse for the latter, so I hope for EA's sake they are replacing Extra Point/Half-time with something else (and something better).
Old 05-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
Banned

Lets quit making excuses for them. How about they just do the "Madden Old Spice Network Sports Desk" I mean its not like it has to be tied to a network for them to do this.

In the first madden I played there were Halftime and Postgame highlights from "other games" one of the most timeless and coolest features ever made in madden. Sometime, someone will do this to truly create a "league"
Old 05-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
43M
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedpan_Gamer
Lets quit making excuses for them. How about they just do the "Madden Old Spice Network Sports Desk" I mean its not like it has to be tied to a network for them to do this.

In the first madden I played there were Halftime and Postgame highlights from "other games" one of the most timeless and coolest features ever made in madden. Sometime, someone will do this to truly create a "league"
Umm...who is making excuses for them? No one denies that there should be some sort of pre/halftime/postgame show. They are just debating why EA doesnt use the actual networks likenesses more as they do in other EA games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »