Home

Madden 12 Improvements

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Improvements within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

CFTejada's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden 12 Improvements

From various sources from EA's Community Day, here at some of the improvements from Madden 12

- Multiple hit tackles are for real
- Zone defense plays bunch formations much better
- hit stick is still hard, but very effective when timed properly
- QB Auto Dropback has been removed/tweaked
- Contain Defense has been fixed and no longer works
- QB Spy locks up a scrambling QB
- Zones have been greatly improved, defenders pass guys off to their respective zones
- Strategy pad is still in the game, described as "same as madden 11"
- Tackle button is amazing, no more user assist on all madden
- Turbo blitz is gone
- Falcon Cross is not very effective

Falcons
Braves
Bulldogs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 12 Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFTejada
From various sources from EA's Community Day, here at some of the improvements from Madden 12

- Multiple hit tackles are for real
- Zone defense plays bunch formations much better
- hit stick is still hard, but very effective when timed properly
- QB Auto Dropback has been removed/tweaked
- Contain Defense has been fixed and no longer works
- QB Spy locks up a scrambling QB
- Zones have been greatly improved, defenders pass guys off to their respective zones
- Strategy pad is still in the game, described as "same as madden 11"
- Tackle button is amazing, no more user assist on all madden
- Turbo blitz is gone
- Falcon Cross is not very effective

Where did you get this...what does it mean that the contain defense is fixed and no longer works?

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-14-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Where did you get this...what does it mean that the contain defense is fixed and no longer works?
it means that contains dont play the flats and knock down passes that are thrown to the flats.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
it means that contains dont play the flats and knock down passes that are thrown to the flats.
How is that a fix?

Contain means - don't let anyone outside you with the ball... It serves as a middle ground for players that attack the area between the hash and the flats.

Later
Old 05-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie brown23
Eh it could mean that, but I think it's more about the cheesy blitz you can do with contain.

If you rush one guy from the right and put a guy in contain on the left (or vice versa) as soon as the QB begins to scramble/move out of the pocket the contain LB will shoot in an the OL will not recognize him.
This is one of the more outrageous ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5G1_pc_w-w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

The contain defense comments were coming from the guys from MaddenBible, one of which is just an absolute monster when it comes to finding ways to tweak the game to create exploits. We've brought him in twice now, and we've fixed up a lot of exploits because of him.

Now, what he's talking about is that he used to be able to use the contain assignment to sort of draw a lineman out of position to create space for a blitzer to come free. When he says "no longer works", he means it is no longer an exploit. The linemen don't get drawn away by it anymore.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyEaglesFly3
Eh it could mean that, but I think it's more about the cheesy blitz you can do with contain.

If you rush one guy from the right and put a guy in contain on the left (or vice versa) as soon as the QB begins to scramble/move out of the pocket the contain LB will shoot in an the OL will not recognize him.
This is one of the more outrageous ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5G1_pc_w-w
Help me out here... What's so outrageous about this blitz?

Whenever I watch a blitz on youtube, I immediately watch for the number of rushers, the number of blockers, the formation, and how many steps the QB takes in his drop, and the technique used to create spacing. These are basically the same thing I look for in real games...

This blitz was a 6 on 5 with the LBs in contain in an attempt to widen the tackles. The O formation would be ideal to keep QB clean if the backs weren't running directly toward the defenders covering them AND/OR they blocked. The QB takes enough steps to complete any of the 3 and 5-step routes.

This is one of those instances where 5 offensive linemen aren't enough to block when the backs release through traffic. Having them flare to the flats would actually do the same thing to the defensive coverage that the defense is trying to do to the offensive line...

Someone please help me see the 'exploit' in this blitz?

Later
Old 05-16-2011, 03:07 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

Like I said that one was a more outrageous one. I've seen it done in a 3-4 blitzing one man off of one side, the contain on the other, the OT doesn't recognize him and he runs right by him as soon as the QB goes away from the blitz. . . that's not football. The OT will recognize him anyways.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »