Home

substitution problem

This is a discussion on substitution problem within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 05-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
substitution problem

hi, i'm doing an offline madden 11 franchise on a ps3. i'm playing the raiders and i have manually substituted players in some formations during pre-season. For example in a formation with 3 d-liners i'm using houston, seymour and kelly as d-liners instead of fast de's. The game remembers these changes so that every game i play i have the right players for the right formation/play.

This is working fine, untill recently.

In the dying seconds of a game i substituted Darren McFadden and gave Norwood (my 3rd or 4th string RB) a few plays in one formation. Now i am 2 games further and for whatever reason i cannot get Norwood off the field in this formation. Even when i manually substitute Norwood with McFadden (#20 is even shown on the formation as the RB) i still get Norwood on the field.

It isn't because DMC is injured or tired (he is playing in other formations) and it isn;t on 3rd down (norwood isn't my 3rd down back anyway).

Any suggestions how to get DMC back in this formation?

Thnks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: substitution problem

anyone? Help is appreciated... thnks
Old 05-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only way I've seen to get the franchise to forget the players you want in your formation is to release them and then resign them, also some playbooks, like the vikings for instance will automatically sub a guy in, in certain plays. Shianco is always subbed in, in a certain shotgun package the vikes run even if it shows the 4th WR should be in on the play/formation, like a hidden sub.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks jaytee, releasing the player worked. Not an optimal solution, but at least i can run this formation with DMC again

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »