Home

Resting Players

This is a discussion on Resting Players within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: Do you rest players in franchsie mode?
Only in Blow Outs 7 17.50%
Only in Games when I clinched 1 2.50%
Both 13 32.50%
Never 19 47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #17
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Resting Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
I rarely if ever bench guys but I definitely would if EA put mass substitutions BACK IN! LOL

I am no big Madden fan and pretty much stopped playing it from 1999 til 2005 for 2"thousand" obvious reasons but I do remember 1st, 2nd and 3rd string mass substitutions being in the game.

If they add that back, I could easily bench ALL my starters without having to go through the entire depth chart. Also, bring back pregame formation subs too, so I can stop having some starters end up on special teams whenever I do rest them. With the new 75 player roster limit, this might not be as big of an issue as it has been but we still need a way to assign specific special team players.
75 man rosters is just for preseason until you make your roster cuts
Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #18
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
75 man rosters is just for preseason until you make your roster cuts
Good point, my bad.

In that case, we definitely need pregame formation subs back in.

Also, hopefully, we will have practice quads for retaining more than just 53 players.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I do rest players in both situations because its realistic. They do it in real life so i do it also
Old 05-15-2011, 07:22 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Especially if the Hot and Cold Streaks and Dynamic Player Performance works. Imagining benching a player because they went cold and a surprise player off the bench happened to get on a hot streak and lead the team into the play-offs.
This would make players and the game so much versatile. Just think one of your better players that have very little playoff experience might not perform as well, or loses confidence and you have to replace him, in turn finding a nice back-up or something along those lines. This makes player roles and substitutions great.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffJuff
I do rest players in both situations because its realistic. They do it in real life so i do it also
Yup.

I track my franchises online, so just as they do in real life, when I'm up (or even down) by a ton late, or already clinched a spot (or am just playing out the string), I play my backups. It's fun because you get to see your lesser talented players get starter snaps. Who knows, sometimes you just have a better chemistry with certain players, despite a lower rating.

Trent Edwards and Mike Vick couldn't win me a damn game in my Bills franchise (on M10). Inserted Ryan Fitzpatrick, and I went 5-3 the second half of the season after starting 1-7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #22
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
I didnt realize NBA 2k had this feature. That would pretty sick idea for football. Especially if you overworked a RB or played certain players with nagging injuries.
Yes. NBA 2K11 has this. If Kobe plays heavy minutes in back to back games....there's a good chance he may not shoot well in the following game. And if you look at his fatigue it'll say "exhausted."

You're right....that would be pretty cool in football. I know they have it for individual games (like players running slower late in games). But I'd like to see a team be a little sluggish coming off a Monday Night game on short rest.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #23
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Yes. NBA 2K11 has this. If Kobe plays heavy minutes in back to back games....there's a good chance he may not shoot well in the following game. And if you look at his fatigue it'll say "exhausted."

You're right....that would be pretty cool in football. I know they have it for individual games (like players running slower late in games). But I'd like to see a team be a little sluggish coming off a Monday Night game on short rest.
I guess that's the difference between sports though... I'd say most football players play every snap of their side of the ball withnthe exceptionsnto that being the minoritr, vs basketball players who need the rest due to the frequency of games. Apples to oranges comparison IMO. Football players are rested to prevent injury, rather than rest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »