Home

Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #17
MVP
 
Tengo Juego's Arena
 
OVR: 29
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions(Hardcore fans MUST READ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Word is NCAA got some work on the trajectory. If true, I hope that Madden adds this before release.
Madden 11, I thought, had pretty good ball trajectories. I haven't played Madden 11 in a good 5 months, so take that as you will. Not nearly as wide ranging in variety, but much better than practically non-existent trajectories in NCAA 11.

I'm guessing that NCAA 12's trajectories will feel a lot like Madden 11's.
__________________

Tengo Juego is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #18
MVP
 
RGiles36's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 3,866
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions(Hardcore fans MUST READ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Madden 11, I thought, had pretty good ball trajectories. I haven't played Madden 11 in a good 5 months, so take that as you will. Not nearly as wide ranging in variety, but much better than practically non-existent trajectories in NCAA 11.

I'm guessing that NCAA 12's trajectories will feel a lot like Madden 11's.
Yea, I don't think they're awful as some suggest. And I don't have an issue with LBs getting their hands on some balls. I think an issue does arise however when you pass to a receiver and a defender 10 yards off makes a play. I think LBrulez made a good point the other day questioning why QBs were putting passes behind the receiver and not out in front.

Rest assured if something can/needs to be done about it, Adembroski has a good pulse for the community and can get that info to the necessary people.
__________________
Twitter
RGiles36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #19
MVP
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Aug 2006
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions(Hardcore fans MUST READ))

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Yea, I don't think they're awful as some suggest. And I don't have an issue with LBs getting their hands on some balls. I think an issue does arise however when you pass to a receiver and a defender 10 yards off makes a play. I think LBrulez made a good point the other day questioning why QBs were putting passes behind the receiver and not out in front.

Rest assured if something can/needs to be done about it, Adembroski has a good pulse for the community and can get that info to the necessary people.
This is my biggest problem with the passing game. It seems as though the locomotion does not work for the secondary. Safeties can cover 30-40 yards while the ball is in the air. The secondary seems to glide and morph all over the field to get into position to make plays..
ch46647 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #20
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster)

"The offense creates a nice pocket for the QB, and running out of that pocket is very dangerous, especially if you are not playing with someone named Vick. What I mean is that when you scramble, those DE get after you."

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 05-16-2011 at 01:09 PM.
LiquorLogic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #21
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
With all due respect Nab, I don't get what you are talking about.

First off you call this review "hypey", like it is just filled with praise and the next poster after you points out Shopmaster saying the pass rush looks untouched.

Then, you claim Chase B has written honestly about suction blocking still existing and imply his review was more critical. However, when I went back and read Chase B.'s review and some Q/A he did, this is what I found.

From Chase B.'s article: "......In addition, the removal of suction blocking and suction play in general has been something EA has tried to eradicate for years. While its probably not going to ever vanish completely during this generation, the tweaks made to the physics engine do have some clear benefits, as well as a couple potential shortcomings...."

From Chase B's Q/A: OnlyLT-So are you saying that there IS still suction and warping in the game? Chase B-I never noticed it during tackle animations, but I would figure it's still in the game at points when it comes to general interactions while blocking players in the trenches. I also say that because I saw it in NCAA 12 at points still in these situations, and these teams are sharing assets on this front.

After reading that and going back to read Shopmaster's review again, the two reviews actually are very similar, IMO. Also, Chase B also admits, that he didn't get that much time with Madden 12 and based on the release date of the two previews and the fact Shopmaster is a Community Day guy, he probably is referring to a later build, as well as had way more time with Madden 12 than Chase B.

I am not calling you out personally but there seems to be quite a bit of cynical rhetoric going on around here, whenever some GOOD things are mentioned about Madden 12. I understand being weary of the hype but REASONABLE people should NOT make up stuff, even unintentionally and/or dismiss various info sources, to justify their concerns.

Madden 12 could possibly be the G.M.O.A.T. but then again ALL these features could be a complete bust. Either way, I don't see how even poorly implemented and broken features of this caliber could actually make Madden 12 worse than ANY previous next-gen Madden.

To all you cynics and haters out there, look on the bright side. Regardless of how it all turns out, this announced feature set can NOT possibly make next-gen Madden any worse.
Hmm, I'm not sure why you wrote all of that for 1 paragraph, heh. We're all entitled to opinions. I just believe Chase was a little more critical and believable. He made the honest and logical conclusion that if NCAA 12 still had suction play (which he directly observed), then Madden 12 most likely still had it too. And this isn't hard to believe. The asset sharing is significant. The massive defensive sliding that was apparent in NCAA 12 was also found in Madden 12. I also really liked how Chase didn't just stop on that cursory observation of apparent decreased suction play. He continued to to deeply analyze the benefits and shortcomings of the suction tweaking. I really like that as a potential customer.

Again, I'm not being a debbie downer or at least I hope I'm not being one. I just have a preference when it comes to reviews. Some people like the optimistic reviews that spend 99% of the time praising the game (and 1 sentence mildly critiquing the game by noting the "pass rush wasn't touched", but quickly following it up with a line implying that pass rush was never significantly broken in the first place), and I have no problem with that. I just don't like it. But again, I have no problem if others like it. The fact that we can respectfully state our opinions is what makes this site so great.

Last edited by Nab_Impervious_XII; 05-16-2011 at 01:33 PM.
Nab_Impervious_XII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #22
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,399
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab_Impervious_XII
Hmm, I'm not sure why you wrote all of that for 1 paragraph, heh. We're all entitled to opinions. I just believe Chase was a little more critical and believable. He made the honest and logical conclusion that if NCAA 12 still had suction play (which he directly observed), then Madden 12 most likely still had it too. And this isn't hard to believe. The asset sharing is significant. The massive defensive sliding that was apparent in NCAA 12 was also found in Madden 12. I also really liked how Chase didn't just stop on that cursory observation of apparent decreased suction play. He continued to to deeply analyze the benefits and shortcomings of the suction tweaking. I really like that as a potential customer.

Again, I'm not being a debbie downer or at least I hope I'm not being one. I just have a preference when it comes to reviews. Some people like the optimistic reviews that spend 99% of the time praising the game (and 1 sentence mildly critiquing the game by noting the "pass rush wasn't touched", but quickly following it up with a line implying that pass rush was never significantly broken in the first place), and I have no problem with that. I just don't like it. But again, I have no problem if others like it. The fact that we can respectfully state our opinions is what makes this site so great.
I agree and here's my opinion.

At the end of the day(around Aug 30th) a person draws a line down the middle of a piece of paper. Pro's/Pluses on one side, Con's/Negatives on the other side. If there are more pluses on one side(gameplay, franchise mode and presentation improvements) vs sliding and suction on the negative side, the person should buy the game. However, if sliding and suction outweigh all the pluses, then the person should either rent or pass.

Simple enough.

And actually, the best critic is yourself.

Last edited by roadman; 05-16-2011 at 01:46 PM.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
MVP
 
King Gro23's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cleveland, OH
Re: Shopmaster's Gameplay Impressions(Hardcore fans MUST READ))

Quote:
Improved Zone Defense

The other very noticeable improved gameplay was definitely the improvement in zone defense. Any hardcore Madden fan will tell you that playing defense was a chore last year. If you played zone there was so many holes that it just wasnt beneficial and made it very hard to stop the offense this year. In Madden 12 the zone is ;sooo good that im declaring the Cover 3 is going to be a dominant defense in the game. Not only does the defender stay with the WR longer as they pass through the individual zone, but the zone is smart also. Lets say you are playing a Cover 2 defense. Your DB who is supposed to bump the WR will bump him and immediately look to see if someone is coming out to the flat. If there is no flat responsibility the DB will ride that WR up the field longer making it hard for you to fit that ball in between him and the safety. So the next time you cancel your RB in the flat, remember that the DB is going to stay with the WR longer on that fly route. Thats not it though. Linebackers in yellow zones play the drag route even better.
Defensive Shading

If you were like me you got sick and tired of guys just going 4 wide and doing drag routes all over the field and you got tired of guys coming out in Snugs or a Bunch set and not being able to defend those quick flat routes to the outside, well EA has decided to bring back defensive shading and its working great. Using defensive shading on individual WR is a great way to foil someone who is constantly beating you to the outside on the same play or inside slants.

You will also be able to individual play off or bump a WR. That is one thing that i'm very happy to see in the game. The fact is there are some guys you want to bump and some guys you dont want to bump and now EA has given you back that choice.
Yes Yes Yes!!

Quote:
For instance, lets say you are a QB and you snap the ball and roll out of the pocket to your right. The DE should break away (disengage) from that OT and have a straight line to your QB. This happens in Madden 12 and it looks great.
Even better seriously, M12 sounds good off to read the Chise blog
__________________
Catch Madden 15/ NBA 2k15 Footage on my Twitch Channel
TopShotGwaup15
http://www.twitch.tv/topshotgwaup15

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43

Last edited by King Gro23; 05-16-2011 at 04:12 PM.
King Gro23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #24
Owner and News Editor
 
Steve_OS's Arena
 
OVR: 77
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: OS Eastern Office
Posts: 28,114
Blog Entries: 556
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gamplay Impressions (Shopmaster)

Fixed the link in OP.
__________________
Steve Noah
CEO / Executive News Editor
http://www.operationsports.com
Follow me on Twitter
Steve_OS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Top -