Home

Madden 12 Blog: Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Blog: Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 12 Blog: Franchise Mode

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/blog/franchise-mode

this one is Better

New Rookie Scouting System

***8220;A much needed upgrade to the scouting system***8221;

When we were sitting down and talking about what new features we wanted in Franchise mode this year, a new scouting system was pretty high on the list.

Last year***8217;s system was neither fun or challenging***8230;it made the draft ridiculously easy since it gave away a player***8217;s potential before you even started scouted them.

All you needed to do was keep an eye on that potential rating during the draft and you***8217;d draft every late round sleeper in the game.

That***8217;s gone and it***8217;s been replaced by a much more simple, yet challenging system.

There are now several scouting stages, including the regular season, Pro Days, NFL Combine and individual workouts.

At the start of the regular season, every draft rookie***8217;s ratings are locked.

During each stage, you***8217;re allowed to select a limited number of players to scout and the stage itself determines which ratings will be unlocked.

If you scout a player during the Combine stage, you will unlock his physical ratings like speed, agility and strength. If you scout them in Pro Days, you***8217;ll unlock some of his intangibles.

If you choose to scout him during individual workouts, you***8217;ll unlock everything***8230;including his potential and traits. The catch is that you can only scout a small amount of players during individual workouts***8230;so you***8217;ll need to unlock as much information as you can before you get there.

Trust me***8230;this makes the entire process much more challenging and rewarding this year. I***8217;ve gone through a draft and because I scouted poorly, I ended up with a class full of busts. I***8217;ve also found my future Hall of Fame QB in my 49ers franchise by scouting the right players."
http://ll-100.ea.com/cem/u/f/GPO/eas...dden12/fc3.jpg

Last edited by TLF; 05-16-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 16
Future picks, nice
Old 05-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #11
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

that isn't the entire franchise blog that was supposed to be released today, is it? there is a lot of good info in there but nothing we really didn't already know from the IGN article. i was hoping to hear something about online franchise.

edit** nevermind i see the other one, off to read...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm beyond excited! Future draft pick trading
Go Mavericks!
Go Rangers!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 31

Trading of future draft picks....Its all starting to come together.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

""
30 Brand New Draft Classes featuring Realistic Player Profiles
We created 30 brand new draft classes from scratch and added a new twist this year.
We***8217;ve created player profiles (scrambling QB, 3-4 DE, power HB, speed WR) that are mixed in with the random guys so that you***8217;ll find players that fit your offensive/defensive scheme and provide a more realistic experience.
Teams in the draft have a preference toward those players and will lean towards drafting them if they have the chance. That means the Raiders will draft a Speed WR if given the choice between him and a possession WR.
We***8217;ve also randomized names and numbers this year so that you won***8217;t recognize individual players each time you start a new franchise."
Love the part, I also love it so that you wont remember the name
I was hoping Potential could be hid, but oh well at least it is hid for scouts

Last edited by illwill10; 05-16-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

this is not the real blog.

read the other blog. its about a 2k word essay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Just went from a day one purchase to midnight release. If the gameplay sucks, it'll just be Head Coach '12 for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »