Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #433
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

I'm very excited about all of the news that has come out about Franchise mode so far because that is where I spend most of my time. I like the all new hubs a lot because I think it gives the game a more simulation look. However, I'll believe all of this news when I have the game in my hands. Idk how many times (excluding last year) that they've been saying that the teams are going to draft players and sign players that they need and it's never happened. Also, I'm hoping that the Madden team has been and will be perfecting Franchise mode and tuning it so there are not bugs that completely ruin the game.

(EX. I read that there will be more players retiring at the end of the season..In previous years I thought there were enough players retiring and idk what year it was but when they started having players retire from injury really killed the game because big stars would be retiring only a few years into their careers) I think retiring from injury should be taken out completely if it isn't already. Also, I just thought about a new detail they could put in Franchise Mode. After the season you have the list of players who retire, they should be put into a separate Free Agency type deal where you can work them out throughout the season and sign them if you want to. And then after like 2-3 seasons after they retire, then be taken off that list so you can't sign them.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:54 AM   #434
Rookie

OVR: 2
YES, FINALLY!... I'm pumped about this madden. I'm not going to get too pumped though we all know its going to have it problems but compared to madden 11 its got to be great in terms of franchise mode. back too a day one by here again... ONLY PROBLEM NOW is i got the continue to play my franchise modes in madden11 knowing that its going to be so much better in a few months...
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #435
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Sorry if this has been asked, but the Depth Chart enhancements...will there now be (across all modes) a 3-4 depth chart and a 4-3 depth chart for the one team? Also, will there be a offensive package depth charts? Instead of only having package substitutions in the middle of a game.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #436
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden
Sorry if this has been asked, but the Depth Chart enhancements...will there now be (across all modes) a 3-4 depth chart and a 4-3 depth chart for the one team? Also, will there be a offensive package depth charts? Instead of only having package substitutions in the middle of a game.

Thanks.
I sure hope so
Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #437
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGEden

Thanks.
That's an excellent question. I really hope the developers include this so as to create platoon-like packages where you can deploy specific players in special occasions. Also, it'll add to more realism seeing as it makes it worthwhile to draft & cultivate role players to give teams mismatch advantages; an example of this would be the Saints on offense who use multiple packages of players or the Jets on defense who use situational pass rushers.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #438
Rookie

GGEden's Arena

OVR: 11

Thanks for the replies. If they've not got it in, hopefully it's something they can bring in thru that new Tuning system.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #439
Rookie

OVR: 2
This all sounds like welcome changes. The progression stuff is more like - about time we get back the features that have been MIA for 5 years - the other stuff is more like wow finally an attempt to make Franchise worth playing. Is should be noted that NFL 2k5 had very good player progression and one of the funnest franchise modes ever ( as opposed to what this guy said earlier about no game having a fun franchise). He meant that no EA game has a fun franchise. But I digress - cant wait to see this in action
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 AM   #440
Rookie

OVR: 0
I have some questions for all of those people that say Ian is behind all of the change that has come into play. How was Madden last year... Especially franchise? How long was Ian on the team? Didn't EA admit to hiring more people to improve the game? Josh Looman came back to work on this game not Ian Cummings. If he felt that he wanted to be apart of all this change that you say he's responsible for then he should've at least seen it through. Looman did all the work on the Madden series for the PS2 and franchise for this game and now you want to give Ian's praises for Looman's work... Give me a break! This isn't about wanting to see my posts, this is about stating the obvious. Thanks for acknowledging your bias! I believe most of the people wanting to give Ian praise are the same people who complained about what Madden lacked. I like to give credit where credit is due and I don't give credit to quitters no matter what excuse they give for leaving! Enjoy the game.... I know I finally will. Thanks Josh for your hard work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »