Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - Superstar Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - Superstar Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #17
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Superstar Mode Blog

Still looks like you get to be starter regardless. His player is a 67 OVR and he is in front of Freeman. My biggest gripe, aside from QB imports sucking or other players entering as 90+, is being handed the starting job right away.

Hopefully this is addressed, maybe we can flood twitter until they change it lol. If not, looks like I'll just join a camp with the Cards or whoever goes into this year without any QB depth.

Other then that, hopefully they bring back to close up shot. Last years camera sucked for QB and never made it past a year in it. But, everything else is looking good, just hopefully they've added a reason to play it longer then previous years. RTG is great because you have only 4 years to try to win a NC, but if Superstar just gives you the starting job and you are drafted by the Pat's... well that's just not fun!

Edit: Guess it looks like you start out at 60 regardless of created or RTG player. Hopefully each rating has scaled points. I'd hate to bring a scrambling RTG QB in that can either run fast but can't hit a barn, or throw OK but doesn't know how to even jog.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-16-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Still looks like you get to be starter regardless. His player is a 67 OVR and he is in front of Freeman. My biggest gripe, aside from QB imports sucking or other players entering as 90+, is being handed the starting job right away.

Hopefully this is addressed, maybe we can flood twitter until they change it lol. If not, looks like I'll just join a camp with the Cards or whoever goes into this year without any QB depth.

Other then that, hopefully they bring back to close up shot. Last years camera sucked for QB and never made it past a year in it. But, everything else is looking good, just hopefully they've added a reason to play it longer then previous years. RTG is great because you have only 4 years to try to win a NC, but if Superstar just gives you the starting job and you are drafted by the Pat's... well that's just not fun!
I REALLY hope that is fixed before the release. THat is one of the MOST BIGGEST gripes about SS. I thought it was fixed since the added Skill Points
That why I like RTG. You have to compete for the ST. Hopefully they made it longer.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #19
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

It would be nice if RTG effected your player going into SS. Like if i was drafted number 1, it would be nice if i started of with more skill points or something then beign drafted number 199 or soemthing.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

I can imagine my WR now: Loose running style (ala Reggie Bush/DeSean Jackson), high speed, Doesn't really like going over the middle, will fight for extra yards, makes sideline catches, won't drop the open pass (maybe I'll make is yes, just to see if I can progress out of it.)

Man this looks like a good year. In terms of immersion, coupled with the INSANE amount of stats it looks like we'll have, and franchise improvements, this looks like it could be the best Madden EVER. Gameplay just has to make it down the home stretch safely
Old 05-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Superstar Mode

My SS will be RTG imports.
6'0 235lb Power RB
5'10 205 Speed RB
6'3 220 Balanced QB
6'2 210 Balanced WR
6'0 210 Cover CB and FS
6'2 220 Hard Hitting SS.
6'4 260 3-4 OLB and 4-3 Pass Rushing DE
My free time this summer will go to RTG,Dynasty, SS, and Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 06:21 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18

Edit: Guess it looks like you start out at 60 regardless of created or RTG player. Hopefully each rating has scaled points. I'd hate to bring a scrambling RTG QB in that can either run fast but can't hit a barn, or throw OK but doesn't know how to even jog.
Based off of what I read in the Franchise blog, they added Depth Chart Logic to the game. Basically, the backups would play the entire 4th preseason game. Also, Bellanca alluded to checking your progress to the top of the depth chart.
Quote:
And one more thing…in the game, we swap out depth charts to match what teams typically do in real life in the preseason (let the backups play the entire fourth game or take the starters out at halftime of the third preseason game).
Hopefully this means that my starters will come out even earlier in the first and second games. Also, this could explain why Lonyae Miller was at the top over Felix Jones and Marion Barber in the earlier screens. I can't imagine they added and retuned all these things and forgot to address a dealbreaker like automatically becoming the starter.

And you thought the QB camera was bad? I played WR in HS, and I did every RTG/SS as one. Or, at least tried, haha. Running routes were so horrible because you had to move the stick in relation to where you were on the field. So if I'm flanked out to the left, Because the camera was panned sort of diagonally, I couldnt move the stick up, then to the left to run an out route, I have to move it in a clunky fashion that I can't even describe, haha.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
I may have to quit my job
Yep same here lol
Old 05-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 16
i cant wait for ncaa and madden to drop. i really hope in madden this year that after u get drafted u can pick your number. if you want i number like 24 but the team that picks you has someone with that number. why does madden make you have number 48? why cant u pick your number after u get picked?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »