Home

Multi-User Free Agency

This is a discussion on Multi-User Free Agency within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16
Multi-User Free Agency

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how the new Free Agent bidding system would work with a multi-user franchise in Madden 12? I've asked Josh via Twitter, and posed the question in the Franchise Blog thread, but no responses yet. I'm just not sure how it would work...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Multi-User Free Agency

I'm guessing it would work like the Auction Hall in MUT.
You just keep bidding till the last second, and the highest bidder at the end of the timer gets the player.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
I'm guessing it would work like the Auction Hall in MUT.
You just keep bidding till the last second, and the highest bidder at the end of the timer gets the player.
How are you supposed to do that with one controller is what I'm getting at. Will you have to bid, exit to the main franchise menu, switch teams, and hand the controller off to that person? Will you be able to switch teams on the bidding screen? Will there be enough time? Etc, etc.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was thinking same thing also wil everyone be bidding on all the free agents at the same time
Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
Rookie

JDoze's Arena

OVR: 3

An idea I think might work. Before Free Agency "begins", have all the users select (not bid) people they want to watch. Have a tab for all of the watched free agents. Then after it starts, you select the free agent and a tab pops up asking what team you want to bid for. Maybe even have the clock stop while you are selecting a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoze
An idea I think might work. Before Free Agency "begins", have all the users select (not bid) people they want to watch. Have a tab for all of the watched free agents. Then after it starts, you select the free agent and a tab pops up asking what team you want to bid for. Maybe even have the clock stop while you are selecting a team.
Yeah, I think that would work. Something to streamline the experience. I personally control all 32 teams myself, and trying to sign all those free agents in 2 minutes or whatever would be impossible. Which means I would probably have to skip it and sign free agents after the draft (kinda like what happened this year in real life). Not a huge deal, but would definitely change they way I prepare for the draft.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I hope we ave the option to expand the time to more than 2 minutes (maybe 10)
Old 05-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Guessing these kinds of questions will go unanswered until at least the online/multiplayer announcements. Local multiplayer if any will bleed into the online stuff, so even if you care about one and not the other, probably stuck waiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »