Home

Rookie salary scale?

This is a discussion on Rookie salary scale? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #9
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Rookie salary scale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I just hope EA Tiburon be able to patch it in the game if a new CBA with a rookie salary cap is agree upon.
doubt it , its too late in the stage of making it

maybe next year if the CBA makes a Rookie Cap
Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
I just hope EA Tiburon be able to patch it in the game if a new CBA with a rookie salary cap is agree upon.
I'd see it as a bonus if they were able to get it in, this is not a simple change that I wouldn't suggest that anyone expect it to happen. These probably aren't going to be straightforward slots, but instead have some give in them and include some negotiation. It will probably sound simple enough for people to take it for granted so they'll raise a stink about it, but I really don't think it will be a simple thing to change and would instead be something to look forward to in Madden 13. We'll lose a little bit of cap space as a result, but certainly not a deal breaker.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

Straight from the Blog

New Salary System

After hearing complaints about how the old salary system was hard to deal with last year, we added a new salary system for players, which apply to veterans and draft rookies.

Last year, rookies would sign contracts based on their positions and ratings…so if you took a 70 overall HB #1 in the draft, he would ask for a 3 year/15 million dollar deal as the 1st pick (which is extremely unrealistic).

Rookies now sign contracts based solely on their position and their draft pick. If you take a QB with the first overall pick, expect to pay him a lot.

As far as the re-sign stage goes, players now sign contracts based on their age, overall rating and potential. Older players will always sign shorter deals for less money as their careers wind down while teams may try to lock up a young player with lots of potential with an expensive deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #12
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I presume he was talking about the rooking wage scale that will likely be part of the next CBA.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I presume he was talking about the rooking wage scale that will likely be part of the next CBA.
That is correct sir

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »