Home

Transformation - Who Will You Make Into A Star?

This is a discussion on Transformation - Who Will You Make Into A Star? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Transformation - Who Will You Make Into A Star?

After reading the Franchise Mode blog I started thinking... "Who would be fun to take control of and either slowly edit or simply use progression to turn into a star?"

- BUSTS -
JaMarcus Russell - Trim him down from that dainty 300 lbs and make him into the QB some thought he could be.

Brady Quinn - Thinking about just giving this guy a chance to show he is the next Rick Mirer or Heath Shuler... (At least they got the chance... )

Which bust will you turn into a star?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Transformation - Who Will You Make Into A Star?

It depends on whether I'd be able to edit the potential grade or not. If I cannot edit that grade, I cannot slowly progress your players into stars, but have to cheat the system by increasing the ratings.

I'd like to transform Vernon Gholston into a elite pass rushing OLB opposite Suggs on the Ravens roster. And as a backup plan, I'd settle with turning Sergio Kindle into a injury-free player
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #3
Rookie

mtownballa12's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll probably try to resurrect JaMarcus Russell and turn him into an elite NFL quarterback. Only because he is IMO the worst bust of all-time
NHL: Boston Bruins
MLB Boston Red Sox
Old 05-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

In so many words, you said it.

The Browns didn't give Brady Quinn a real shot. Hard to label him as a bust. He got 10 games in Cleveland, and that's as moribund of a franchise as there is in the NFL. No one ever works out there, especially if it's not on the defensive side of the ball.

The Browns are a bust franchise. Hard to blame Quinn. Anyone with a brain had to know it would end bad with Derek "I can't hit 5-yard passes" Anderson
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedpan_Gamer

The Browns didn't give Brady Quinn a real shot. Hard to label him as a bust. He got 10 games in Cleveland, and that's as moribund of a franchise as there is in the NFL. No one ever works out there, especially if it's not on the defensive side of the ball.

The Browns are a bust franchise. Hard to blame Quinn. Anyone with a brain had to know it would end bad with Derek "I can't hit 3-yard passes" Anderson
I always called him "Clown Shoes"... Although, he would be another not-so fun one to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedpan_Gamer

The Browns are a bust franchise. Hard to blame Quinn. Anyone with a brain had to know it would end bad with Derek "I can't hit 5-yard passes" Anderson
I'll agree that Quinn didn't really get a fair shot but that's how the NFL is. And the problem Cleveland has had since coming back is bad decision making in the front office. To finally have a GM like Heckert and our whole staff on the same page of what they want to do is a breath of fresh air compared to what fans have had to endure since 1999.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Banned

Hopefully Colt Mccoy gets more than just this year, if there is a year. I think he could be really really good
Old 05-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #8
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
After reading the Franchise Mode blog I started thinking... "Who would be fun to take control of and either slowly edit or simply use progression to turn into a star?"

- BUSTS -
JaMarcus Russell - Trim him down from that dainty 300 lbs and make him into the QB some thought he could be.

Brady Quinn - Thinking about just giving this guy a chance to show he is the next Rick Mirer or Heath Shuler... (At least they got the chance... )

Which bust will you turn into a star?
why dont you use a Underrated QB instead of "Damaged Goods"

try using Graham Harrell or Dan LeFevour
one is Perfect for a Spread system since he is a Mobile QB (Lefevour since his nickname in College was Tebow Light)

Harrell is more like Peyton or Tom , he sits in the Pocket and throws Lasers to his many WR's
yet neither got a shot , if the Bills would have got one of them i think they would have Shined ... we will never Know though

its a waste taking players who havnt produced in over 3 years

get someone who needs a shot , not Hyped Player
i always sign one of them because they may not be Flashy like Tebow or Brdford but they can get the JOB done and be Developed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »