Home

I know this is Madden 12 talk, but

This is a discussion on I know this is Madden 12 talk, but within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
I know this is Madden 12 talk, but

Is anyone still playing 11. I just recieved it and very much enjoying it. Yes the Franchise mode is stale, but still fun. Is there anyone else playing it, and how are you keeping it fresh.

Thanks

Shark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I know this is Madden 12 talk, but

I am still currently playing it. I'm in the beginning of my 3rd different franchise....Still enjoying it (especially with the sliders that I use)
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

My Madden 11 was traded in already, so I can get more than $2 for it.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

I sure am still playing it. I've played both M10 & M11 year long.

To keep it fresh after playing it so long, I normally tweak things from time to time (experimenting with game speed a few weeks back for example). Most recently, I reset the CPU slider set and used All-Madden as a foundation for the user sliders with some tweaks. Finally, I've been getting a more consistent challenge from the CPU, and it's not as super-human as been suggested in years past.

Right now, I'm learning to be a better QB. Previously, I had the INT slider relatively low, so I could make errant passes or throw out of sacks most times with no consequence. Since I've adjusted the sliders and put the CPU INTs back at about 40, I'm learning more to throw it away, or take the sack. It's now rewarding to go a game with no turnovers.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie58
Is anyone still playing 11. I just recieved it and very much enjoying it. Yes the Franchise mode is stale, but still fun. Is there anyone else playing it, and how are you keeping it fresh.

Thanks

Shark

I still am....I"m running 3 chises at once. With my sliders I get pretty realistic games. I miss the immersion stuff that chise had in old gen but the gameplay is good so I'm ok.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #6
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I sure am still playing it. I've played both M10 & M11 year long.

To keep it fresh after playing it so long, I normally tweak things from time to time (experimenting with game speed a few weeks back for example). Most recently, I reset the CPU slider set and used All-Madden as a foundation for the user sliders with some tweaks. Finally, I've been getting a more consistent challenge from the CPU, and it's not as super-human as been suggested in years past.

Right now, I'm learning to be a better QB. Previously, I had the INT slider relatively low, so I could make errant passes or throw out of sacks most times with no consequence. Since I've adjusted the sliders and put the CPU INTs back at about 40, I'm learning more to throw it away, or take the sack. It's now rewarding to go a game with no turnovers.
Good to see someone else still playing M10! I've had it since almost release day in '09 and still playing it. But it's getting more and more stale...

Throughout most of my time, I've played a half with each team, so as to keep statistics realistic. I want to just play the damn game with MY team, but I can't without it not being fun. I don't even consider myself a good Madden player, but it seems the CPU just can't stop my passing attack. That seems to be the main problem. The coverage just isn't tight enough. I have Reaction Time to 100 (INT to 0, though... I throw enough as it is), but still, guys run wide open. The rush gets to me at a realistic rate. My run game is average to good but it's basically just the passing that's killing me by being too effective. Any remedies?

I think I will try to up the game speed. I believe it's on a rather low setting. I've never really bothered to change it once I got the most realistic setting from on here. I'll have to fool around with it and other settings.

The last game I played was just painful to play. I want fun & realism. I don't want to worry about "OMG I'm getting too much possession time" or something like that. I want to play a game from start to finish and when it's done, check out the statistics and say... Hmm, looks like an NFL boxscore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Currently in the middle of season 5 with my Browns in M11...

I have to admit, there are some things about this game I really don't like - the easiness of the kicking game being one of the primary reasons.

However, the game itself allows me to get a decent football fix with Franchise mode. While it is pretty stale and I have built my team into a Super Bowl contender rather quickly - there is some element of enjoyment I still manage to squeeze out of it.

I am still trying to find a happy medium for sliders that help me have a realistic game while not feeling like the CPU is cheating. (Some INTs by d-linemen and broken tackles for TDs by the CPU are infuriating...)

I know everyone has their 'sweet spot' for how the game should play, but I just want to have close games that I will sometimes win - sometimes lose. Those are the best. The 'ramped up AI' for division games annoys me because I feel like all games should be 'ramped up' as far as intensity goes, etc.

When I lost 30-0 to the Cowboys in the last Super Bowl, I really thought about quitting out. Simply because some of the plays that were occurring were clearly unbalanced in favor of the CPU (as mentioned above).

I just want to hope that M12 fixes a lot of the issues I have while I still (somehow) find a way to enjoy M11.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Yea I'm still playing 11 with my all-madden custom slider set with 6 of my friends. This new Madden 12 info has been killing me though. haha! But I'm going to most likely play it up until 12 come out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »