Home

One Feature?

This is a discussion on One Feature? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: One Feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I have to agree with this Pal. A football game is a football game (yes I know one can be better than another) but features like this turn it into an alternate football universe.
Thanks man and thats what i pay for

i dont pay to play a Game because im a NFL Fan , i play because i want the real experience from an actual game in my hands and on my TV

we play games to get away from Life
so why not make it a game that "we can Lose ourself" in

i want Madden to be a game i cant put down like a "one more second game"

where you keep saying your gonna turn it off in a minute and that "minute' turns into half an hour beofre you know it

dont play a Game , be in the Game
Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #10
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
It's tough to make an argument against the only feature that hasn't really changed through the history of the Madden franchise, that being the button-based passing mechanic. Clearly EA did something right there.

I guess if I had to pick a version of it, I'd go with whichever version added the capability to throw lobs vs. darts (for tapping vs holding the button; Madden 2001 maybe?)

That was in before PS2 was created.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
True.

Chef Matt's Arena

OVR: 44

The introduction of In game saves. Because I am/was usually too busy to finish games. I loved that feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Agreed.

If I recall, the bullet/lob mechanic has always been part of the game. It may not have come until the passing windows disappeared. Maybe as early as Madden '92 (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Madden '99 I think...

Later
It has been in for a long time, but it doesn't go back that far. I remember the game choosing the pass for you in 92.

Not sure exactly when it arrived, but it wasn't 92. May not have been until PS1, but I'm not positive about that.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

The Vision Cone, because it was their first attempt to innovate the passing game, since the game debuted, and although they made some missteps with it, IMO, I will always applaud any attempt to innovate.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
That was in before PS2 was created.
You'd know better than I, Madden 2001 was only the second game in the series I've played (Madden 97 on the Genesis was the first; was a fan of NFL Quarterback Club and later NFL Gameday way back before the PS2 came out).
Old 05-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #15
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The Vision Cone, because it was their first attempt to innovate the passing game, since the game debuted, and although they made some missteps with it, IMO, I will always applaud any attempt to innovate.
Agreed, I loved the vision cone. Especially playing defense. I always play as a safety and I actually had to decide if I was going to "read the QBs eyes" (by cheating toward the cone) or stay in my zone depending on the QB that I was facing. It was a great game mechanic to simulate having to actually identify a receiver before you could throw an accurate pass... I miss it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

for me i love online team play

here why love the camera angle
you have to trust your team mates just like real life
each person got a job to do if one person mess up it can be a big gain or td and if you win or lose you know its not all your fault
nothing better then down by 3 with 2 sec and on the 45 do a hail mary pass fro a td and we all celbrating on xbox cause we won a game that we shoudnt won on a lucky pass bring back when i use to play football sure it not the same but this the closes ill ever get to playing football again

a lot people complain about the camera view everyone hate change simple as that to me i wish they add this view for franchise mode

i like the view cause u more zoom in and better camera angle and to me the offensive shoudt always be on bottom of the screen this view is what it look like if u playing when u look ahead u see the defenders and if u let someone get behind u lose where he exactly is

this camera is not 100% realstic but closer then god camera view if it was more in the helmet it be more realist camera and i would be ok if they put the camera in the helmet or closer view to the helemt view but this will do and i heard they going change it next year and put back in god camera view for team play if that true im going be pissed but will still play and just have to adjust to stupid god camera view

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »