Home

who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves?

This is a discussion on who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #9
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Trade Kolb for a future first round pick. I'm so thrilled that we can do that this year. Hopefully Nnamdi is already on the roster. If so, I'm going start scout some defensive tackles. We've got Cole, we need to see what we have in Graham, and we need a presence in the middle.
get Mike Jasper from the Bills , 7th round pick so he will be CHEAP

390 pounds at DT

and looks like Cody he has the dreads and everything BUT he actually is a workout freak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWFh3Lp5u8
Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Carolina Panthers
Moves: Trade Jimmy Clausen for a Mid pick this year and a high pick next season.
Clausen isn't worth a mid pick or a high pick, and he's definitely not worth both. It's says something to teams around the league when you draft Newton with your number one overall pick while you have Clausen on the roster.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

team browns

first moves i do is try to get the faster players on defense who's on my team will be my starters and with this yr not knowing who's gonna be on the front 4 i'll have wait till game comes out and set that up, also i will change my nickel CB from wright to skrine since seems just like in real life wright gets torched when i play madden.also put eric hagg at SS both skrine and hagg have good speed team them with haden,ward,brown and i shouldn't have worry about the deep ball and all them like to be around the ball so i'll have a ball hawking secondary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #12
Banned

Pringles's Arena

Great post well my team is the detroit lions same team i used since the very first madden.
first thing i am going to do is pick up a backup qb,a young one in case stafford goes down again if he does then i might go in another direction going to trade shaun hill prolly the top back up QB last season in the nfl to New england for ryan mallet it should be a good trade for both teams.

here is my list of players on my Trading block
Cliff Avril DE
Tony Scheffler TE
Kyle Vanden Bosch DE
Corey Williams DT/DE

Cliff avril will be traded to tampa bay so i can get my hands on Da Quan Bowers i am sure madden logic will do that trade as well as give me a draft pick my guess is a 3r rounder avril's rating should be 79 to 81 he had a solid yr last season for the lions, and he has pass rushing ability and is still young

My next move is to get some of the players in the 2011 draft that i would like on my team Brandon Harris 2ND RD pick from Texans for Corey Williams
and the game will give me back another 3rd round pick Corey's rating should be in the 80's even though he is 30/31

ill then trade Kyle Vanden Bosch to the bengals for Dontay Moch a 3RD rd pick in this yrs draft and the game will give me a 4th rd pick in return
Vanden Bosch should be rated as a 79 to 77 rated player

next i am going to trade Tony Scheffler to the ravens for Gaithers the RT
ill throw in both 3rd round picks i got from the other deals to get him.

players i will cut
DE Jared Devries
LB Jordan Dizon
K Jason Hanson/going with Dave Rayner as my kicker
WR Bryant Johnson

MY 2011 free agent signings
option 1 WR Plaxico Buress option 2 Braylan Edwards
option 1 C Ryan Kalil/Dominic Raiola is undersized i need a bigger center
option 1 S Donte Whitner
option 1 CB Antonio Cromartie
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
Banned

Cre8's Arena

Browns -

Get my draft picks from Atlanta.
(I wish draft picks were correct out of box.)

Trade Delhomme for ANY draft pick (10th Round still exist?... lol)
Old 05-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #14
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Clausen isn't worth a mid pick or a high pick, and he's definitely not worth both. It's says something to teams around the league when you draft Newton with your number one overall pick while you have Clausen on the roster.
he is worth a 3rd and thats about it

maybe a 3rd this year and 4th next but thats all id give up
Old 05-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I know he isnt worth a mid or a future high pick. But since he was a 2nd season 2nd round pick, it might get me a low pick and a future mid pick. Ill take whatever I can for Clausen.
WhenI say high pick, I am saying anywhere in 1-3rd rounds. Mid for me is 4th and 5th and 6-Fa is low. So I was hoping for a 4th or 5th(mostly like 5th) this year and a future 3rd round pick.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-17-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
get Mike Jasper from the Bills , 7th round pick so he will be CHEAP

390 pounds at DT

and looks like Cody he has the dreads and everything BUT he actually is a workout freak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWFh3Lp5u8
Yeah, he moves well for a man that size. Plus, I'm sick of the Eagles valuing speed over size. He could definitely add some girth to the middle. I'd still probably look for someone in the draft or FA as I don't want to bet everything on a 7th round pick; he'll be good for depth though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »