Home

who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves?

This is a discussion on who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: who is your team in franchise and what are your first few moves?

First off I'm going with my Philadelphia Eagles !

A) Go into practice mode, feel out the players that I haven't used (Rookies/Free Agents) see who fits my style and who doesn't.

B) The people I don't like or feel I can't use I'll either release them or trade them.

C) I'll go into the trade block section and see if any teams have players up for trade that fit my needs (if we don't get Nnamdi- CB, DL, LB, S)

D) Trade Block - Kevin Kolb future 1st round draft pick or a Kolb and some for Patrick Peterson (if Nnamdi isn't in Philly by then), Stewart Bradley for whatever I can get.

E) Then I'll go into free agency and pick some players up for pre-season battles, as long as edit some appearances of guys. Then play my pre-season games and make my cuts each week. Trying to make it as realistic as possible.

When it comes to roles I think "mentor" will be off of my list, I hate getting old people onto my team so I don't want older people.

I saw on the previews of the franchise that Kevin Kolb was an 85 OVR! and Vick is a 90 - I think either it's a mistake or Mr. Ratings Guru thinks the 49ers are getting Kolb lol.

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly3; 05-17-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #66
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Falcons

See what I can get for Norwood and/or Jenkins
Sign a DE (if they haven't already by that point)
Trade for/Sign a nickleback

Start scouting for replacements to Turner and Gonzalez.

Win the Superbowl
Old 05-17-2011, 11:03 PM   #67
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
on Defense im trading for Chris White the LB the Bills drafted from Mississippi State that way i have him Matthews and Bradley at my LB Corp 9yea they may be all white but im sure they can own)

and the only guy i need for the D-Line is Jasper the 390 pound DT the Bills toke in Round 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyWFh3Lp5u8
Yeah! Some love for my Bills! I'm going to play my 'chise out realistically like Buddy Nix. I will build solely through the draft minus a few veteran stop gap players. Maybe I'll trade away Whitner and start Bart Scott, George Wilson or Da'Norris Searcy our rookie 225 lb SS. I'm definitely staying in the 3-4. My top 2 needs in the 2012-2013 offseason- franchise QB and pass rushing OLB. I will scout those 2 positions like there's no tomorrow. I will also bolster my O-line through the draft. Can't wait to play with my new and improved Bills.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
For the G-men, I'm not interested in Plax, I've got too much WR talent I want to continue to develop.

Here are things I would review as options:

1. get some OL and TE invitees in camp. I'd especially like to find someone to add depth to the interior line or C. I would like a blocking TE at least to maybe replace Beckum. I'd also poke around for a decent FB and maybe move Bear Pascoe back to TE duties from FB.
  2. Take a look at what might be around at HB. Might look at options to replace Ware, and I need tof igure out if 7th round speedster Da'Rell Scott has any potential.
  3. If I can't find any options to trade Beckum for any value, probably at least a 4th round pick, then I will look at trying to change the play book around a little to at least make some use of what he can do as an H back type.
  4. On defense, I need to assess my young LB's. Maybe I'll look at signing Ruud as a FA, but I also need to worrk about the SAM position where I don't really have an optiuon that can cover very well (Sintim). In our Tampa 2 scheme from Fewell, I need to do a better job of protecting the middle on passes this year.
  5. Need to figure out how much playing time to give Prince Amukamara. He should challenge Aaron Ross for nickel duties, and he might even outdo terrel Thomas in some packages as my #2 corner. That gives me some room to use TT in nickel or third safety scenarios to protect the middle. Or maybe PA takes that on as well. (will be interested to see if the Giants playbook has any three safety sets that Fewell likes).
Those are my major personnel issues. We're potentially vulnerable on the OL and the LB corps, though I'm not optimistic there will be much available other than depth help at either position available to bring in this year.
Will def. be interesting to play with this year. Im hoping Scott has some upside since he should have nice speed since he had one of the fast 40 times I believe. Should be interesting trying to figure out LB and o-line
Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #69
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Dallas Cowboys (assuming lockout does not end before Madden 12 releases and all potential free agents are in fact free agents)

1 - find a free safety. Alan Ball isn't gonna cut the mustard. Michael Huff, possibly? Sign Nnamdi Asomugha and move Terence Newman to free safety? Sign Asomugha and Huff, then cut Newman?

2 - resign Doug Free. Can't get the one proven young lineman the Cowboys have go.

3 - resign Stephen Bowen. Bowen, Jason Hatcher, and Marcus Spears are all free agents along Dallas' 3-4 defensive line. Gotta bring back at least one of them, and then build depth from there.

4 - trade or release Marion Barber. I love the way he plays, but I think his shelf life as an effective runner in the NFL has expired.

5 - give Dez Bryant, Kevin Ogletree, and rookie Dwayne Harris every chance to win the #2 and #3 receiver spots from Roy Williams. Look to trade Williams if he's deemed expendable.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manslaughterin9
Redskins
pick a #1 receiver in randy moss. but if he dosent produce ill cut his ***
Ill trade for g jahri evans
trade for derrek sherrod to sure up my oline
trade kerrigan for aldon smith
trade rogers and karem for jimmy smith
trade for martez wilson
resign Fletcher to long *** deal
in my import draft ill go for Andre luck, matt barkley or landry jones in round 1-2
i will draft ray ray armstrong to play fs and ss to sit behind laron and O.J.
draft jeff fuller to play behind moss
do some more trades to get my players i have aquired over that last few maddens.
(patrick robinson, rashard carmicheal, casey matthews (olb) and nate irving and also taylor mays) I go crazy with trades to say the least.
i will scout pryor, but will let another franchise go through the tough road with him. then pick him up five years later for his second contract.

Most of these transactions are done in madden 8,9,10,and 11. i just update and continue my franchise. thoughts?
So you'll have 4 first round rookies on your team, and Jahri Evans? Hmmm what are you trading away for Jahri, Smith, Peterson, and Sherrod?

Smith for Kerrigan won't happen straight up

Jahri will be one of the better O Linemen in the game, so I think it'll be hard to get all of these people.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #71
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Browns -

Get my draft picks from Atlanta.
(I wish draft picks were correct out of box.)

Trade Delhomme for ANY draft pick (10th Round still exist?... lol)

hopefully delhomme won't be a brown this yr hes gonna be riding the bench and will be the 3rd string qb behind mccoy and wallace plus not count hes suppose be making $5.4 million thats a lot for a 3rd string qb but if he still is i will do the same look to get draft picks for him lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 PM   #72
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

I've had a change of heart and instead of the Seahawks, I will take the Cardinals.

I don't like make unrealistic trades, so I won't go for Locker, Dalton, or Ponder as I would like to. Instead, I will sign Marc Bulger (as I expect the real Cardinals to) and I will trade for LeFevour, McElroy, or Quinn and I will trade Derek Anderson to the Bills (where he will hopefully rot). Next I will sign Pat Devlin (QB3 or QB4) and Noel Devine (scat back for situation stuff) in free agency. I will then make the decision in preseason whether to start Bulger or whoever I traded for and based on that decision begin scouting QBs. I would likely select Luck with my first pick in the draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »