Home

Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #73
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode (Part 1)

When will Part II come out...I enjoy reading these interview type pieces...
Old 05-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 10

I wonder, with all the new roles and such, if this means we will have (know when) our players decide to hold out for a new contract
Old 05-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3
seems pretty cool how the the drafting works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 4
Really building up the suspense for part 2....
Old 05-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking Out Loud
Whenever I see fun touted as if it and realism can not coexist, it frustrates me. I think the Ebay bidding system is a great idea but incomplete without player wants, team promises and a Halo style multi-player split screen added. (split screen for up to 4 users playing on the same console)

Nothing major, just a simple check box system where players have their wants listed and teams have checks in the box of the wants listed, they are ABLE to promise. Obviously, Green Bay couldn't promise warm weather to a player, 2011-12 Vikings couldn't promise a RB to be a starter or a 2-14 team couldn't promise a playoff appearance. So if any of those wants were listed for a player, those teams wouldn't have those wants checked/promised .

The team that has most wants that a player has listed, checked, wins the player. For example, if a player just listed/wanted money then that's all that matters. If a player listed/wants money, playoff contender and elite QB, teams that have all these checked/promised, are the contenders for that player. In case of a checks/promises made stalemate, the most money is the tie breaker.

For some reason concerning Madden great ideas just seem to get consistently lost in translation.
I like that idea and I agree dearly. Its like Namdhi A. ( I know thats spelled wrong ) for the Raiders, he wants to go to a team with a great chance of winning a SB so in his case, all teams that's SB chances look highly unlikely, regardless of how much money is thrown his way, he wouldn't go to them.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:56 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 1

what about rookie progression? many start 2 or 3 on depth charts and for some like some qbs they learn a lot, whereas other positions absorb in other ways.

personally in hc 06 you could put formation subs in and on special teams thats where i put rookies, i dont want my #1 cb being a gunner for example
Old 05-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #79
Who we upset this year?

Clonefan84's Arena

OVR: 21
you know, since the topic of long-snapper and special teams positions and stuff are being talked about, there was one thing that I always wanted to see in these football games. What about an added importance to the holder for FGs? I would say that every team should have someone that's a quality holder (doesn't matter what position they are), and if their rating happens to be low, there's a chance for botched FGs. Also the long snapper's rating could lead to bad snaps on those FGs (or even punts) that could lead to messed up FGs.

Right now FG kicking is stale imo, as it seems that pretty much all FGs are automatic with an occasional botch with a slip up on the meter. With this it could make special teams a lot more unpredictable. Maybe even have something where if the snap or hold isn't great, but the ball is still placed in time for the kicker, do something to the timing of the meter (pause it, make it faster, anything like that) to make it more difficult to kick it. Not sure if anyone has thrown an idea out there like that, but for me special teams is just too mundane anymore when in real football special teams sometimes wins ballgames (outside of just KR or PR for TDs).
Old 05-23-2011, 12:41 AM   #80
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I hope this is a sign that all the Franchise modes will see heavy upgrades for EA Sports games.. The NHL series is in need of this kind of overhaul.
Yep Savoie, I've been thinking the same thing.

Although imo...NHL's franchise modes, haven't been as sparse this gen as Madden's. But could still use a nice upgrade.

Anyway...good to see EA Tiburon was good to their word about this being the, "Year of the franchise".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »