Home

Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Does the cpu will update their roster in the middle of the season?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Chatting with Josh Looman about Madden's Franchise Mode

Not really much news in this. I still have two questions that I'd like to be answered, but can find an answer to.

1. How dynamic are Dynamic Gameplans? Will it adapt every season, game, quarter or minute of a game?

2. Does expanded rosters mean that gamers have to use one of the 53 spots on a long snapper or does that position still not exist?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
How hard would it be to program the preseason so that for example in game 1 starters play 1 quarter, in game two 2 quarters, game three, 3 quarter and game 4 they play 1 quarter again. I was thinking about that this morning.

Great interview BTW.
my understanding from the blog is that the cpu does do that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #12
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
I'm not complaining really here but the free agent signing kinda annoys me. Just copy and past the NBA 2k formula. older players taking less to play on competitive teams, young guys wantin theirs, all the contracts, rights etc... add maybe Live 10 where they had things to talk about to get in the door to negotiate. that would be so much better than a bidding system which isn't really what its about.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #13
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
I'm not complaining really here but the free agent signing kinda annoys me. Just copy and past the NBA 2k formula. older players taking less to play on competitive teams, young guys wantin theirs, all the contracts, rights etc... add maybe Live 10 where they had things to talk about to get in the door to negotiate. that would be so much better than a bidding system which isn't really what its about.
how the nba goes about free agency signing and nfl are two complete diffrent things.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
In the blog he said something like "if you think a guy is going to go around 20..." So looks like they didn't bother dealing with improved draft selections.

I don't want to look at a guy's stats and guess he should last til around 20 (how do I know what the cpu thinks he and others are worth) At least give improved projections (top 5, top 10, mid first, late first, top 2nd etc.)

This is why they should have put mel and his big board/mock draft in.
There was a screen shot in the franchise blog that alluded to how you would do this:

Looks like the scouting screens list a projected round for each player. I wouldn't be shocked if by the time the discs hit stores, this is refined to show top-5, top-10 etc.. for 1st round picks.
Old 05-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Like you said, nothing really to break; but some nice depth to the answers.

I'm disappointed in the constant Cutler example for rating swings. I mean, I totally get it...but
ive heard Vick used as an example even more
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 PM   #16
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
i dont like that free agents just go where they are offered the most money. Lets say the Patriots are offering Chad OchoCinco and the Browns are offering Chad OchoCinco and the money is close but the Browns are offering more you think he's going to just take the money and play on another crappy team, in a crappy city where he's gotta play Pittsburgh & Baltimore twice a year and prob never win a Super Bowl. Or is he going to go play with Brady, play on a team constantly in the playoffs where he has a chance to win?

Thats why i dont like that guys just go to the money. Other factors should be considered. If its a young guy then maybe money is more important than rings but if its a guy who hasn't won a ring yet he'll be more willing to take less for a shot at a title.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »