Home

Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #25
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode (Part 1)

I'm kinda surprised no one is jumping up and down since teams can now distinguish between 3-4 and 4-3 DE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Chatting with Josh Looman about Madden's Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
I'm not complaining really here but the free agent signing kinda annoys me. Just copy and past the NBA 2k formula. older players taking less to play on competitive teams, young guys wantin theirs, all the contracts, rights etc... add maybe Live 10 where they had things to talk about to get in the door to negotiate. that would be so much better than a bidding system which isn't really what its about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
how the nba goes about free agency signing and nfl are two complete diffrent things.
Correct; Plus, NBA 2k's FA system wasn't perfect by any means. In fact, it was probably the most broken FA system I've ever witnessed.

A lot of guys ended up with good ratings because they kept improving, regardless of playing time. For some reason, a guy named Alonzo Gee was a beast after the FIRST year, with LeBron-esque physical stats (plus 90 speed, crazy athleticism, good offensive skills) and always commanded a 4 year, 25-30 million deal. And that was just one guy. Teams never really resigned their stars or even good players as well.

Look at this video and tell me if anything in this FIRST year offseason is even remotely realistic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zoihoVnIps

The guy managed to trade for Tyreke Evans, David West, Luol Deng, and others. He has the PISTONS. He still had Greg Monroe, in a league where trades are based on potential.

I do like their Draft presentation, BTW. It is a bit stale though, and would be after 7 rounds.

He then goes on a signing SPREE, signing Zach Randolph, Marcus Thornton, and JJ Barea with no questions asked. AFTER trading Monroe and some PG for the 3rd pick.

He THEN immediately trades the guys he JUST signed 30 seconds earlier to get David Lee.

He then trades David Lee, a '14 1st round pick, a '13 2nd round pick, and Darrell Arthur for Kevin Love, Milicic, and CJ Miles, and a '13 2nd round pick.

Then he goes and signed Pietrus as his 6th man.

What about that ENTIRE PROCESS was realistic, or is realistic to you?

Last edited by JaySmooov; 05-17-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone who has played HC09 knows how much fun the new free agent auction/bidding mini game is going to be. If you never played HC09 your in for a nice treat.

Fast, fun and effective. Free agency will become one of your favorite parts of the game. Plus the new scouting features? Awesome. Now you have to really work to find your studs, avoid your busts and also hit a HR in the 5th round.

Loving this big time! Man 8/30 is a long way off.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2
the franchise mode has surpassed 2k5. they have brought the guy in who worked on head coach(which is my favorite ea football game) the question is did they surpass 2k5's gameplay because if they did, i may consider(key word) renting madden 12 and trying it out. until then, i am still skeptical.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 10
I still would love to know if there are position battles
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Chatting With Josh Looman About Madden's Franchise Mode (Part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHqhj...eature=related

Another vid of an NBA 2k11 offseason. Notice at the 2:50 mark, the guy has Steph Curry, Paul George, and Kirk Hinrich with the KINGS. Also notice how every player progresses, regardless of is their stats warranted it.

Pause at 4:07. He also has Joakim Noah :

He then trades him and some bum PF for Josh Smith and a couple 2nd round picks.

He then trades back for DeMarcus Cousins, who he already traded away.

I mean it's ridiculously easy in that game, to build a superteam with ANY team.

I mean, how anyone sees this as realistic, baffles me. But Im done, just wanted to dispel that notion right away.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
If everything works as advertised, this could end up being one of the better franchise modes in any sports game ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4
Wasn't this "Dynamic Player Progression" already apart of Madden during the Playstation era? I remember playing those Madden games and every game your player's ratings would either go up or down depending on how well he has been playing. Problem was that by the end of the season all your players could be 99 overall if you completely destroyed every team.

Sounds like EA took another feature they removed and shined it up a little.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »