Home

Option to "Start Franchise Before the Draft"

This is a discussion on Option to "Start Franchise Before the Draft" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #9
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Option to "Start Franchise Before the Draft"

Agreed, Id love having it. It makes sesnse, how often do you really see a GM or coach get hired to a new job at the start of pre-season? Almost never... the hiring period is always starts during the playoff's and the few weeks following them. Well before the draft.

The only drawback I can see is that the player would already know the ratings of the draft class. They are not going to randomize ratings or anything of guys already in the game with set ratings.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Last edited by JalenTigh; 05-17-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale lung
just sim your first year.
Oh really.. so if I simmed the first year I'd be able to do the 2011 Draft all over again? Read the OP again before trying to pad stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Agreed, Id love having it. It makes sesnse, how often do you really see a GM or coach get hired to a new job at the start of pre-season? Almost never... the hiring period is always starts during the playoff's and the few weeks following them. Well before the draft.

The only drawback I can see is that the player would already know the ratings of the draft class. They are not going to randomize ratings or anything of guys already in the game with set ratings.
That's the one thing I was thinking. I'd say hey, maybe if they gave each player a range. Sure, if someone starts their franchise in the pre-season, keep the stats that are with the normal set. If someone starts before the draft, give each player a range of things that they could end up being. Whether it be between 85-90 Throw Power.. or 75-80 Catching.. or 90-92 Speed (not getting to crazy with the speed because that can really make a difference).

Of course that might seem much, but it's one thing that could be done.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-17-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

I've wanted this for years, and loved it in HC09
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 AM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

This would be nice.

Not only would I want to re drat my 49ers, but I can't understand why the patriots traded with the Saints when Mark Ingram was on the board... only to drat a HB with two of their next three selections.

I think Ryan Mallet is going to be a star, and I wanted my 49ers to take him... well NE is likely the best place or him to land. Great leadership and time to grow behind Tom. He could even become the heir apparent.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #13
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This would be nice.

Not only would I want to re drat my 49ers, but I can't understand why the patriots traded with the Saints when Mark Ingram was on the board... only to drat a HB with two of their next three selections.

I think Ryan Mallet is going to be a star, and I wanted my 49ers to take him... well NE is likely the best place or him to land. Great leadership and time to grow behind Tom. He could even become the heir apparent.
I say the same thing every year...We could of had Clay Matthews a few years ago and traded out of the 1st round and the same this year with Ingram...I actually wanted them to draft Cam Jordan out of Cal w/ their 1st pick or even the Pass Rusher from Arizona in the 2nd...I always joke that one year the Patriots will have 10 1st round picks and still not draft anyone
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Oh really.. so if I simmed the first year I'd be able to do the 2011 Draft all over again? Read the OP again before trying to pad stats.
pad stats? check out my join date, do you really think i care about post counts?

also it took them how many years to fix IR, so you'll be waiting a while, if not forever for this feature to be implemented, so you might as well sim the first year.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:07 AM   #15
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

This was an option that I loved in HC 09 and was hoping might be in Madden 12, especially because of the possibility that there won't be any FA before Madden gets released this year.
Sign Awesome-wa in FA trade down in the first then draft Best OL available top half of second, draft Martez Wilson in the 2nd and Jaiqwuan Jarrett in the 3rd, Taiwan Jones in the 4th. The Birds are stacked anyway in Madden but its always fun to run your own offseason and see if you can do better.
Maybe they'll have the option to do this someday.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #16
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
This would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I say the same thing every year...We could of had Clay Matthews a few years ago and traded out of the 1st round and the same this year with Ingram...I actually wanted them to draft Cam Jordan out of Cal w/ their 1st pick or even the Pass Rusher from Arizona in the 2nd...I always joke that one year the Patriots will have 10 1st round picks and still not draft anyone
I feel your guys pain. I had expected two years ago for us to take Taylor Mays in the 1st round because we NEEDED a safety and they traded it to the Lions who picked up Jahvid Best. Then we had another chance in the 2nd round and took corner Chris Cook. Then this year I expected us to take Prince or (ugh) Nick Fairley and then Ryan Mallet in the 2nd but nope. Terrible drafters. At least we can say we made the right choice in taking Peterson a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale lung
pad stats? check out my join date, do you really think i care about post counts?

also it took them how many years to fix IR, so you'll be waiting a while, if not forever for this feature to be implemented, so you might as well sim the first year.
Yet you're still missing the point. You keep saying to sim the first year. Like I said, how would that help me redraft the 2011 draft. It wouldn't.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »