Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - Franchise Sizzle

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - Franchise Sizzle within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by beermn76
Sorry if a dumb question guys, but I have been out of the Madden loop for quite sometime. Can you play an online dynasty/franchise similar to NCAA? Thanks.
But they have not announced any of their online features yet. More details on online franchise to be revealed at E3. From the teaser videos, seemed like they might have some kind of spectator mode/"Fight Camp" type thing, maybe (just maybe) something like EASHL in Online Franchise...
Old 05-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #34
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Franchise Sizzle

I am glad to see every thing they have done this year to Madden and have put away my Madden 08 pc copy and went and reserved this game. First time I have been exicited to buy this game in a few years.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMuzic
the franchise mode is looking real good. if they would add the "talk out of retirement" in franchise like 2k5 did and if they would add sportscenter then their franchise mode would be perfect. but like i said before and im going to say it again, if the gameplay isn't up to par then they really haven't listened to their fans and they would just be lying to us all just like they did in the 06 trailer. does anybody disagree????????????????
Maybe you (and the rest of us, for that matter ) should accept the fact that gameplay-wise, there isn't much more they can do on the engine available, until the next-gen consoles come out.

Honestly, sports games will never be as realistic as sports in real-life, movement wise. Everyone in real-life moves differently, but a video game has to dictate movement. Plus, you never know how a hit will go. Yeah, you can say there's the Euphoria engine, but would it really be smart for them to use that?

Best case scenario is, they buy out the Euphoria guys to have them come over and implement some of it in Madden. Maybe the new engine would allow it to be added without sacrificing gameplay or animations (Backbreaker had that 2k5, Mario running animation type thing). It wouldn't do the game much justice if it played realistically, but didn't look realistic. There has to be a balance. Maybe Madden/NCAA is at a 60/40 or 70/30 right now, favoring graphics and presentational realism. But I think that balance is harder to find than people think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
If Madden is a flop this year, i dont know if they'll ever get it right. Its just hard to believe that they would be able to out-do this years Madden next year.
Remember, this is a overhaul of franchise. There's so much that can be built on top of this "base," so to speak, and it's mind boggling when you start putting together what could be, with the DDP and Dynamic Gameplans and Player Traits and what not. At this point though, cautious optimism is in effect.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
1) AJ said he really wanted to put it in this year but they couldnt

2) We wont know about online franchise until the online blog comes out im going to assume that maybe some of the features will make it over to online.

3) I read somewhere that there arent in game saves.
There ARE training camp sessions in Superstar mode though. That intrigued me when I saw that.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #38
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
If 80% of these features is not put into the online franchise mode then this video is pointless to me
Old 05-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #39
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - Franchise Sizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
There ARE training camp sessions in Superstar mode though. That intrigued me when I saw that.
That good news although i dont player SS but at least the code is in the game already

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 05-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Maybe you (and the rest of us, for that matter ) should accept the fact that gameplay-wise, there isn't much more they can do on the engine available, until the next-gen consoles come out.

Honestly, sports games will never be as realistic as sports in real-life, movement wise. Everyone in real-life moves differently, but a video game has to dictate movement. Plus, you never know how a hit will go. Yeah, you can say there's the Euphoria engine, but would it really be smart for them to use that?

Best case scenario is, they buy out the Euphoria guys to have them come over and implement some of it in Madden. Maybe the new engine would allow it to be added without sacrificing gameplay or animations (Backbreaker had that 2k5, Mario running animation type thing). It wouldn't do the game much justice if it played realistically, but didn't look realistic. There has to be a balance. Maybe Madden/NCAA is at a 60/40 or 70/30 right now, favoring graphics and presentational realism. But I think that balance is harder to find than people think.
all i want them to do is 2 have football fundamentals like 2k5 did. 2k5 had a physics-based engine. thats what ea needs. i dont like the Euphoria engine because it looks like a bunch of crash dummies lol. just have some type of physics in the game. man nfl 2k on dreamcast had physics for crying out loud!!!! once ea does that then i can get happy about the franchise modes and presentation. i know video games real never really simulate real life to the fullest, but they can at least do what 2k5 did. i didn't like how they ran in 2k5 but i liked their running animations like jukes,spins etc. once ea does that, i will be buying their games at midnight!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »