Home

New Superstar Option?

This is a discussion on New Superstar Option? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
New Superstar Option?

I was recently thinking of how silly the idea of superstar mode was when you import your player from Road to Glory. You play the current season, then 3 in the future, then are drafted in the draft before the current season.

I think Madden should have the option for us to start a RTG in NCAA, save all the draft classes throughout it, then have Madden simulate to the correct draft we would actually be going in and let us start there.

That would help keep some immersion in my opinion. Thoughts?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Superstar Option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I was recently thinking of how silly the idea of superstar mode was when you import your player from Road to Glory. You play the current season, then 3 in the future, then are drafted in the draft before the current season.

I think Madden should have the option for us to start a RTG in NCAA, save all the draft classes throughout it, then have Madden simulate to the correct draft we would actually be going in and let us start there.

I always wanted this too lol. I thought I was alone in this.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:

I would like it. It could solve the not getting above 3rd round.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

This is something I've always wanted as well. I post this on another forum. This is being able to actually fight for a starting job is something I'd love. What sense is it for the Green Bay Packers to draft me, or the Indianapolis Colts to draft me in the third round and be the starter on day one.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-18-2011, 04:28 AM   #5
Banned

I wanted the ability to add draft classes to SS mode. Not just settling for Madden's automated draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Glad to see I am not alone on this. I think this seems like something small, but would really be a nice option I think more people would use. You could potentially become a 1st round pick with this option on.

― Plato
Old 05-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Glad to see I am not alone on this. I think this seems like something small, but would really be a nice option I think more people would use. You could potentially become a 1st round pick with this option on.
imo, I dont think SS was a big deal to them because they didnt have a Virtual Playbook Vid like Franchise.
BUt, I do like the changes to SS, so I will definitely import my RTG
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I would like it. It could solve the not getting above 3rd round.
Yup. Even if I get drafted in the 3rd round, I'd like it to be a surprise rather then a set outcome. I could see importing your character and going through the combine, pro day, etc, as long as they're deep enough, a longer pause wouldn't hurt (as in siming a season between rookie task), then by the time you get to draft it is 3-4 years advanced, depending on how long you stayed.l

Too bad this will never happen (though I hope I'm wrong). Since NCAA does not represent current student athletes, there is no way that progressing 3-4 years in RTG should have an impact in MADDEN because the players in NCAA football do no represent real college players and therefore, time progressed in NCAA does not have an accurate progression in MADDEN because those events in NCAA are inaccurate and do not exist.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »